If you’re thinking of starting an online business in Australia, we have good news: Our startup ecosystem is now one of the fastest-growing globally, with the startup rate being the sixth-highest in the world.
Now, don’t get us wrong — this doesn’t mean entrepreneurs weren’t affected by 2020’s many challenges. But rather than being discouraged, local small business owners across the country welcomed the challenge.
Unlike the respondents in the nine other countries surveyed in mid-2020 by GoDaddy, Australians showed a greater faith that the economy would rebound within 12 months.
In fact, 54% of Aussie respondents actually started businesses during the pandemic, surpassing the global average of only 16%.
This confidence may have had something to do with Australia’s better-than-expected economic performance during the second half of 2020.
GoDaddy is pleased to partner with entrepreneurs who have great ideas but lack the technical know-how to put their business online. GoDaddy offers help with:
- Naming your business, including registering the domain name you’ll use for your website address
- Fast, reliable web hosting, required by even the tiniest ventures to do business online
- A do-it-yourself website builder that comes with loads of templates to build your site quickly, integrated marketing tools and step-by-step advice on how to grow your business
- Managed WordPress, for those who prefer to build their website with WordPress but don’t want to bother with the technical upkeep
- Professional email that matches your domain name or Microsoft 365, complete with the Office suite we all know and love
- A variety of do-it-for-you services, from professional website design to search engine optimisation (SEO) and managed security (SSL) certificates
- Security essentials like website backups, daily malware scanners and SSLs
All our products are backed by in-person support from GoDaddy Guides via phone, chat and WhatsApp. For those who prefer self-serve, you’ll find a range of resources online:
- Stories from Australia’s smart and scrappy SMB owners
- Hundreds of blogs on everything you need to dream, build, grow and manage your small venture
So come on Australia, start your online business now! The world is waiting for you.