cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I can't post my domain to GoDaddy Auctions and I want a refund

I registered a new domain about 24hours ago and i can't list it because it was owned by another person before and i have to by it again at $76 through a broker, to my surprise, godaddy didn't notified me that it was owned by any person before , i feel cheated and disappointed!!!.

I tried calling goddady but couldn't afford a long waiting phone call and before i was connected to an agent my airtime was finished.

How can i solve this issue, can i get a refund that i can be able to register another domain?. Please i will appreciate your help

T.semu
4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: I can't post my domain to GoDaddy Auctions and I want a refund

@tsemu16 

We are end users just like you - You will need to call / chat with support in order to have this issue resolved. 

For the benefit of others, I'm not sure I am following what happened.

You registered a domain, it is in your account??? And now you want to "list" it - in an auction??? 

Just trying to get an understanding of what happened.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes i registered a domain, it is in my account and i wanted to list it on godaddy auction, but am not able to do so because it was owned by another person before and i have to buy it again using a broker.

T.semu
Super User III
Super User III

@tsemu16 

I would 100% call into support as something seems off there - I know there is a fee for being an auction member. I am assuming you are already an auction member.

You are saying the system is tell you that you need to purchase a domain already in your account. Only thing I can think of is if the domain was previously listed in an auction and something hasn't cleared through the system. 

As I said though as we are end users sales/support will need to help you with this - If you can post a screen shot, I might be able to at least give you a "tell support this" in order to help you get your issue resolved with fewer questions.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

HI @tsemu16. I agree with @PL281 in that you'll need to connect with our care team to request a refund. You can take a look at our refund policy here. In general, most domains are refundable within a 5-day window after registration, but there are some exceptions. 

Also, if the domain is in your account, I can't think of a reason why you'd be seeing a prompt to buy our brokerage service unless you're searching for the domain on our website after purchasing it. There IS a fee for listing your domain on GoDaddy Auctions though, but you can list most domains as Premium for free. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.