• Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Need help with building a website

New here. Never have built a website and I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. I really need help. I don't even know what a domain is???
    Ok so any help with anything or any TIPS OR ADVICE PLS 🙏
    thanks.
    Oh and here's my site

http://doggonesniffiliciousdogcareser.godaddysites.com/

Courtney-lynn F.
    5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Need help with building a website.

Hi @Dogsitterlife. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It looks like you have a pretty good start already. Here are my pointers:

• Use high-quality photos whenever possible. Low-resolution photos will look OK on mobile devices but not so good on desktops. 
    • Use symmetry. Try to keep areas within your sections about the same. For example, you might want to change the layout of your price sheet section since one side is very long and produces a lot of white space. You might consider having small blurbs for each service, then detailing the service on its own page.
    • Use color accents to break up different areas of a page. For example, you have two green sections (mailing list sign up and contact form) right next to each other. 

Those points are by no means exhaustive. Others may have additional suggestions. 

As for what a domain is, you can think of a domain as a saved contact in your phone. You don't have to remember the phone number for that person, just their name. Likewise, domain names are used to help people remember how to get to a site without using a long URL or IP address. For tips on picking a great domain name, take a look at this article

Also, from the standpoint of participating in the community, I'd suggest creating a new forum post for each thing you want to know or have questions about. Posts that are about multiple questions often get confusing for others and won't have a specific solution, which will ultimately make the post less helpful for them. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Need help with building a website.

Thanks!! I appreciate that
    Courtney-lynn F.

Re: Need help with building a website

Use a short simple name for website.  Easy to spel.. .   spelll.    spmell?    ha ha !    I worked with a company that failed cause they had an impossible name.  This from professionals.  Finally got a short simple name.  Good Luck   I love my  Golden Retriever.    I send her into a bank and she brings back GOLD!   and lots of new friends.    

Would you call about a car for sale with a sign  "For Sale $1,000,000.00 "

?      Don't display the price much.  Get them interested,   contact u then tallk  $ $

Solution

Hi there @Dogsitterlife, To give you a heads up, I can suggest you a few detailed articles specifically written for beginners. This should get you started as the articles are explained thoroughly and written in very simple language which is easy to understand for people of all age groups. Please visit Hosting & Domain