cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Auctions API integration

Hello, I tried using the Auctions API with production key authorization, just as the API PDF says, but I'm keep getting "You are not authorized to use the Auctions API." message.

Is there anything I need to do before using it?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Auctions API integration

Hey @tim1,

First let me say welcome to the community!

The Auctions API requires granted access before you can use this. Right now our Auctions API is not currently accepting new users. If you have more questions about this, you'll want to reach out to our auctions team at auctions@godaddy.com for assistance. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Unbelievable ! 

How are we expected to run or businesses ?

It's been over 1 year, so is GD Auction API available?  

Employee
Employee

@tim1@WildDolphin@chiefatairu

Thank you for your interest into the Godaddy Auctions API.  Unfortunately at this time we are not currently adding new API members for Godaddy Auctions.

In the mean time I recommend using the Auctions FTP platform as it will then allow you pull massive data that you can then query directly.
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trptools.aspx

ftp://ftp.godaddy.com/  (blank password)

Please feel free to email Auctions@godaddy.com if you need further assistance or have any other questions.

Auctions@Godaddy.com

Any chance you can update it more than once per day then? Pretty useless as all the information is out of date a few hours later.

Any further news about this. B/c as you suggested, ftp does NOT really work for I am trying to do. It seems people with API access have more computing power when it comes to closeout domains. The domain don't even make it to close out or it appears as "you can not add this domain to the cart"....I guess GoDaddy decides who are the winners and losers. Some have more favoritism than others. Not a level playing field. Either everybody have access or nobody have access. That's what I call fair business.