cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Do you still have to wait 60 days to sell/transfer a domain if I sell it on GoDaddy?

I've been trying to find information on selling domains, but I'm getting a lot of conflicting and/or outdated information.

Do you still have to wait 60 days to sell/transfer a domain if I sell it on GoDaddy to another GoDaddy user?

Does GoDaddy act as a third party (escrow) to make sure the sale goes through without a hitch?

Is there anything else I should know? Sorry for all the questions but these are the main things I seem to be getting conflicting information on.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Some questions from a newbie...

@Hamburglar wrote:

I've been trying to find information on selling domains, but I'm getting a lot of conflicting and/or outdated information.

Do you still have to wait 60 days to sell/transfer a domain if I sell it on GoDaddy to another GoDaddy user?

Does GoDaddy act as a third party (escrow) to make sure the sale goes through without a hitch?

Is there anything else I should know? Sorry for all the questions but these are the main things I seem to be getting conflicting information on.

@Hamburglar No, you do not have to wait 60 days to initiate an internal account transfer at Godaddy although you need to wait 60 days to transfer the domain name to another registrar after registration. Godaddy can act as sort of an escrow service if you list your domains on Premium Listings, otherwise, the transfer is done between you and the buyer. 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

@justingodfrey 

Thanks, appreciate the information! So it sounds like premium would be the better way to go, especially for a newbie.

Super User I
Super User I

@Hamburglar wrote:

@justingodfrey 

Thanks, appreciate the information! So it sounds like premium would be the better way to go, especially for a newbie.

@Hamburglar  Yes, especially if you want Godaddy to handle the account transfer. Keep in mind that they also charge 20%.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I