cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Domain with broken registration

I spotted a domain that is a really good match for an organization that I work with. The domain is registered on GoDaddy. When you go to the website for the domain, it says that the domain is for sale, and there is a link to click on to buy it. But the link is broken. The owner's information in the domain registration is completely bogus, and some of the ownership records are missing.

I don't want to invest in the domain -- I want to use it. It's the right domain name for an organization that I work with. But it isn't an exact match for the name of the organization.

Any advice about what my next steps should be?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Domain with broken registration

@vmates wrote:

I spotted a domain that is a really good match for an organization that I work with. The domain is registered on GoDaddy. When you go to the website for the domain, it says that the domain is for sale, and there is a link to click on to buy it. But the link is broken. The owner's information in the domain registration is completely bogus, and some of the ownership records are missing.

I don't want to invest in the domain -- I want to use it. It's the right domain name for an organization that I work with. But it isn't an exact match for the name of the organization.

Any advice about what my next steps should be?

Thanks!

@vmates Did you try to search for the domain at Godaddy. If its listed for sale there you could purchase it. Otherwise you'll need to try to contact the owner or see if they let it expire.

---