cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

GoDaddy Auctions Wire Transfer

Hi, I am trying to purchase a domain name via GoDaddy auctions. As the amount is higher than 5,000 USD, I will have to pay via Escrow.com

Escrow.com only accepts wire transfer and my bank needs a signed agreement between me and the seller before they process the transfer. When I contact GoDaddy support about this, they ask me to contact Escrow.com and when I contact Escrow.com, they ask me to contact GoDaddy.com

Do you guys have any recommendations on how I should proceed?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: GoDaddy Auctions Wire Transfer, Bank needs an agreement

@apt54 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to purchase a domain name via GoDaddy auctions. As the amount is higher than 5,000 USD, I will have to pay via Escrow.com

Escrow.com only accepts wire transfer and my bank needs a signed agreement between me and the seller before they process the transfer. When I contact GoDaddy support about this, they ask me to contact Escrow.com and when I contact Escrow.com, they ask me to contact GoDaddy.com

Do you guys have any recommendations on how I should proceed?

Regards

@apt54  I've never heard of a bank wanting a signed agreement in order to transfer your money...because it's your money. I've done thousands of transactions and have never heard of this.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
New

Re: GoDaddy Auctions Wire Transfer

Thanks for replying. I forgot to add that I am sending the payment from India to the USA and this is my first time sending an international wire transfer. I don't think they should ask for the agreement but it does not matter what I think. I will have to provide all the documents they ask for or they won't process the transaction.

Super User I
Super User I

Re: GoDaddy Auctions Wire Transfer

@apt54 wrote:

Resolved

@apt54 Care to elaborate?

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I