cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

GoDaddy is outbidding me for my own name!

people had been telling me go daddy was terrible, i never understood why until today. i'm guessing there is nothing i can do about it now.... other than take my business elsewhere.

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: GoDaddy is outbidding me for my own name!

Hi @rsky,

While GoDaddy has no need to outbid you for a domain, we do have thousands of participants in our Auctions membership service. You can read more about our auction service here

(From the article) When a domain name's registration expires, it goes back to the registry. Before valuable domain names expire and go back to their registry, registrars (like us) will try to sell the domain name through an auction. This gives interested buyers the opportunity to bid for the domain name before it goes back to the registry and is available for normal registration.

Hope this puts your mind at ease and bring clarity to the process for you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
New

Re: GO DADDY IS AUTO OUTBIDDING ME for my own name!/?isc=gdcommment

Thank you, but my mind is not as ease 

I found this article. GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers - Slashdot

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers - Slashdot

An anonymous reader writes "A GoDaddy Vice President has been caught bidding against customers in their own doma...
|

|

|

I let the domain name go. but since it was a very personal first and last name, and since there are only 3 people in the world with the same name (and i know them). i highly doubt someone would be invested in out bidding me for it.

Re: GO DADDY IS AUTO OUTBIDDING ME for my own name!/?isc=gdcommment

Hi @rsky,

That the author of the article is anonymous says everything. We're sorry your concerns were not were allayed. We can only provide you the facts about how domains are auctioned on our website, and hope you can find another suitable domain at a provider of your choice.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support