cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Nearly a year later GoDaddy auctions STILL doesn't support listing premium domain names

It's been nearly a year since Google opened up the .app TLD which adds additional costs to 'high value' domain names.

I've been told through support back then that it would eventually be possible to list these domains on the auction but as of now it's still not possible.

The current message you'll get when trying to list a domain like this is the following

While GoDaddy Auctions supports the vast majority of Top-Level Domains, we can`t list this particular domain right now.
We`re working on building out the infrastructure to handle domains like this and will email you when we`re ready to go.

Why hasn't this been implemented yet?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Nearly a year later GoDaddy auctions STILL doesn't support listing premium domain names

Hi @Cstr. Thanks for posting. It is currently possible to list .app domains. Below is a screenshot of some domains that are currently listed. If you're having trouble getting your domains listed, feel free to reach out to auctions@godaddy.com. 

app auctions.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: Nearly a year later GoDaddy auctions STILL doesn't support listing premium domain names

Hi JesseW,

I too have several .app domains already listed, but those are not premium domain names. A lot of auction sites use the term 'premium' domain names for high value domain names but Google and the .app TLD have actual premium domain names based on keywords which increases the price on initial registration of the domain name.  

These premium domain names are currently not allowed to be added to the GoDaddy Auction.

Anyway, I'll reach out via email even though I don't have high hopes for this being resolved (all other auction sites do support these domains currently, the exception is GoDaddy, which is where I want to actually list them).