cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Selling of premium domains

I have recently listed some of my domains as "premium listing"/ "listing for sale" and kept the prices less than GoDaddy's Domain Value Appraisal. My domain names are meaningful and not that lengthy also. But my domain names are not getting traffic. I doubt whether domain buyers are able to view my premium listed domains or not. Kindly, I want some kind of suggestions from those who had earlier sold their domains just by listing premium (not auction). Is there any way to increase exposure to domain names to buyers? How it works? Thanks in advance..

9 REPLIES 9
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Selling of premium domains

Premium domains need to be approved before they show up in search results, to ensure they qualify with quality standards (no adult or illegal activity related, etc).  After that it would take a potential buyer to search for similar terms to be recommended.  So not just a matter of if it would work for someone else, but also when they are actually looking for domains.  They would need to weigh if the cost is justified for the additional value it would add to their website.  It depends on the industry, availability, and competition in the market.  Some domains can sell quick while others may take some time to get the appropriate price, it just depends on the specifics of the situation.

New

Has anyone sold his/her domain just through GoDaddy's premium listing?

Highlighted
Solution

I have sold two domains in 20 years... Maybe 10 years. But they basically paid for everything I do on Godaddy. One was co64.com and the other mmj something, I think... One was 1800 ish and the other 900 ish

I would love to hear stories from anyone that sells domain names often for premium prices...

I also available to help if anyone needs it.

~
Resolver I
Solution

For anyone attempting to sell premium domains, my foremost advice would be to list all of your domains on Afternic's Premium Network, when you do this it will also be marketing in the same way as GoDaddy premium listings.  GoDaddy purchased Afternic several years ago.  Nothing else compares to the exposure of Afternic's Premium Network.  Your listing will show up on the search results of virtually domain registrar within a couple days.

I sell over 60 domains each year and about 65% of my sales come from this platform.  My average sales price has been in the $1,400-$1,500 range but is rising recently.

New

What is the cost of listing at Afternic's Premium Network? Can you kindly give me some examples of domains you sold at Afternic's Premium Listing? Thanks.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

@Bity  There's an annual membership fee for GoDaddy Auctions.  With that listings are free, a % is taken out of the commission when it sells depending on the price.

https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpPricing.aspx

Resolver I
Solution

You are just charged a 20% commission fee for each sale.  I wouldn't even worry about the fee though, just increase your prices to account for the commission fee.

Some of the names I sold last year are below.  I also have sold another 11 since October, but don't want to publish these until later.

I plan to increase my overall prices based off of my NameWorth website estimates.  If you run any of these names in the tool you'll see it should be assigning a premium value to each of these domains.   I'm not trying to plug my website as much as just share some insight.  I use the tool every day in my domain investing and if I've been investing for over 15 years and still use it, I suppose anyone can use the help.

ErgoNatural.com - $3,450

SoldByOwners.com - $1,750

DeveloperInsight.com - $1,750

MovieGenie.com - $2,450

TheWellnessWorkshop.com - $1,750

VistaLoans.com - $1,400

AwesomeDads.com - $1,750

DailyLivingSolutions.com - $1,750

AliveWellness.com - $2,000

LightingToGo.com - $1,750

RicherToday.com - $1,750

Kwago.com - $2,450

IndoorRoots.com - $2,050

AccurateView.com - $2,450

PlantBasedFitness.com - $2,450

Hi,

You had some great sales on Afternic.  I was wondering it the names you list there are exclusive to Afternic or can you place those same domains on other platforms?

Thanks!

I Purchase Some Domains after checked Godaddy appraisal and Eastbot . and Display them on Godaddy Auctions and Afternic. Still waiting any Buyer....No Bid Offer and No Traffic. Smiley Frustrated

some example ....  

booksstate.com

boyscoffee.com

careimmediate.com

filmstates.com

flipsmobile.com

habitsplus.com

hangrystars.com

alibahi.com

Ali javed Naqvi