cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

The #1 reason your domain names aren't selling at auction

Before spending another penny on promoting your GoDaddy auctions, do yourself a favor:

Visit the GoDaddy homepage.

When you're there, try as hard as you can to find a link for http://auctions.godaddy.com

Find one?

Of course you didn't.

The reality is that GoDaddy doesn't promote their auction service at all. The auctions site is basically invisible to the general market. The only people there are domain sellers and the rare enterpreneur who comes wandering through.

The revenue on the auctions site does not come from domain name sales. If it did, they'd promote it more. It comes from desperate domain owners trying to sell their products to an audience that isn't there.

Don't spend another dime on this scam until GoDaddy promotes their own auction site from their homepage. Until then, it's clear that GoDaddy isn't really interested in their auction service or in domainers.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The #1 reason your domain names aren't selling at auction

Er didn't you just provide the link @Popo?? Is it a trick question?

@rammsteinium wrote:

Er didn't you just provide the link @Popo?? Is it a trick question?

He's talking about the Homepage and he's right. Even when you click on Domains at the top, Auctions doesn't show up.

I've been with GoDaddy for 9 years and I've never wonder into that section because I've never seen it mention anywhere on the website.

Employee
Employee
Solution

@Popo@soltrance

Hello,

Are you able to provide more details?  When I navigate to the Godaddy homepage and click on the domains tab I can still see the Auctions section.  If you do not see the Domains tab you may need to click on the Menu bar to the left of the search box.  menu bar.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Auctions@Godaddy.com

I think you guys are missing the point. The original poster wasn't saying that they needed help finding the link...they were using sarcasm to make their point - that GoDaddy does not promote their domain auction service. Which I agree, it's true. I've been a GoDaddy customer for years and did not know about this service until now.

When I happened upon a domain that I wanted being offered for almost 3,000.00 and there was an opportunity to "get it" - that is what made me curious about this auction system. But if I had not looked for that domain and seen that it was being auctioned, I wouldn't have known about this service.

That said, does anyone know how to find investors for really great ideas? (Other than Shark Tank, on TV) LOL!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shook8888,

....Smiley Frustrated

hmmmmm, really great ideas sounds a lot like that email I got from a princess in Nigeria............

I am always looking for investments.

don

[removed]

Thanks for the info, Bro. I have a few extra domain names, I think I'll try promoting them myself.  

Rand