cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile app - STOP logout from inactivity

please please please stop the mobile app from auto-logging out from "inactivity". I get notificatons on my phone from my active auctions, then I click to go to the app and it has logged me out!   This is a BIG problem since then I have to manually enter my SECURE password.  This "feature" should be optional.  I know of no other app that does this.   Very frustrating

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: mobile app - STOP logout from inactivity

Good on you for using secure passwords @wcardinal. I encourage everyone to use secure passwords and almost exclusively use them myself. On my primary GoDaddy account I also use two-step verification so what you say sounds familiar.

I think most developers would see having the user select a logout duration as a problem? To get over this issue myself I did two things. First I created a specific account just for my auctions (without two-step verification). Second I got a cell phone with a fingerprint sensor and setup my GoDaddy app to login with my print. Now when I get those alerts all I have to do is touch my phone and I'm in.

Is that overkill? Sure, perhaps but time is also valuable. For me it's more than worth not missing out on a good domain. Phones are cheap enough right? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

You are not reading the issue I wrote. I did not logoout. I never logout . The app logs me out automatically.
Super User I

Yes, that's how I understood it @wcardinal. My point is that when I get logged out I can quickly login and the quick login is the goal? Otherwise I'd be attempting to put in a twenty-one digit alphanumeric password complete with special characters. Just letting you in on how I handle that. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

The investor app has login and password fields, no choice to login some other way. What are you talking about??
Super User I

I must not be on the same page @wcardinal, I apologize. Since you mentioned domain auctions I assumed that you were using the GoDaddy Investor app? Can you correct me please?