cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Domain Transfers Delayed

I have several domain transfers pending since last night.  When can these be expected to release?  Previous domain transfers were fairly immediate.  Requested all be immediately transferred by clicking "accept" to speed it up.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Domain Transfers Delayed

@patp wrote:

I have several domain transfers pending since last night.  When can these be expected to release?  Previous domain transfers were fairly immediate.  Requested all be immediately transferred by clicking "accept" to speed it up.

@patp Are you transferring in or out of Godaddy? 

---

New

I'm transferring out of GoDaddy.  I chatted with a representative online who told me I had to email transferverify @godaddy.com and ask them to manually verify the transfers so they would be released.  I sent a message but haven't received any response at all.

Super User II
Super User II

@patp wrote:

@I'm transferring out of GoDaddy.  I chatted with a representative online who told me I had to email transferverify @godaddy.com and ask them to manually verify the transfers so they would be released.  I sent a message but haven't received any response at all.

@patp Seems like it must've got "hung up", I've had a few outgoing and incoming transfer get hung up like this, typically its released as soon as you click "accept."

----

New

Something has definitely changed. It's been 3 days since I clicked on [Accept] at GoDaddy to transfer out a '.net' domain. The next day I receive the following generic email from transferverify@godaddy.com:

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the transfer of <redacted>. To authorize this transfer, please respond to this email and confirm if you wish to allow the transfer to occur.

If we do not receive a response within 5 days, the transfer will automatically be approved.

Kind Regards,

Transfer Verify | GoDaddy

Claim: <redacted>

This sure looks like a stall tactic. I replied and it's been 2 more days without any apparent action.

--David