cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper II

Domain and Web Hosting Transferring to another GoDaddy account

Good Day!

I want to transfer my domain and web hosting to another GoDaddy account. Now, my question is.

1. Do I need to pay for the transferring?

2. Is it possible to transfer at the same time?

3. When doing the web hosting transfer, will my website be up after the transfer?

4. Do I need to purchase the same web hosting? or can I purchase different web hosting plan. (I.E. from Economy to Deluxe Web Hosting)

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Helper IV
Helper IV
Solution

Re: Domain and Web Hosting Transferring to another GoDaddy account

When you move a domain to another GoDaddy account, it's called an account change as opposed to a transfer (which is moving it to a new registrar). There is no cost for an account change.

Here is the info on how to do that.

The web hosting is handled very differently. You will need to purchase the same - or compatible - hosting plan in the new account, then you will either have to manually move the site or pay someone (or GoDaddy) to do it. It will not transfer on it's own. If you are having GoDaddy move the site, they might require it to be the same type of account, so you would need to ask them specifically.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Helper II

@DocTony wrote:

When you move a domain to another GoDaddy account, it's called an account change as opposed to a transfer (which is moving it to a new registrar). There is no cost for an account change.

Here is the info on how to do that.

The web hosting is handled very differently. You will need to purchase the same - or compatible - hosting plan in the new account, then you will either have to manually move the site or pay someone (or GoDaddy) to do it. It will not transfer on it's own. If you are having GoDaddy move the site, they might require it to be the same type of account, so you would need to ask them specifically.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @DocTony.

New

How do you move a website manually to another go daddy account that has had the domain account changed over? Thanks

Helper IV
Helper IV

@CMHNLJ,

You need to move the files from one hosting account to the other (so you would need to have a new hosting account set up on the account you are transferring to).

If it is built on Website builder you will need to contact support as you cannot move that simply yourself. There may be a charge to restore it or move it to another account as someone has to manually move the files.

I jus purchased my domain and i want to change it..how do i do it and will i be charge..most importantly can dis be done