cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Getting my old nameserver

I just transferred my domain to another hosting provider from Godaddy and the nameserver has been changed. Right now, I'm having issues with the cpanel transfer and I need the old nameserver for it to be done. Can someone please help me? It's quite urgent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SimeonTaiwo,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're not able to find the previous nameserver so you can direct back to the GoDaddy hosting, you can temporarily update the A Record on the domain to the IP address on your hosting here. Please consult with your current registrar to make that update - and allow 24-48 hours for the DNS change to resolve globally. 

Upon validation of your account at GoDaddy, the customer support team here can also look up that old nameserver for you.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Getting Started

Hey Simeon,

I'm guessing that the new hosting provider changed the nameservers and you're now trying to locate the nameservers used previously.

This website might be able to help, search your domain on it then look for the historical data. Should show you the previously used nameservers. https://securitytrails.com/dns-trails

Let me know how it works out or if that doesn't work for your domain 🙂

Hi @SimeonTaiwo,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're not able to find the previous nameserver so you can direct back to the GoDaddy hosting, you can temporarily update the A Record on the domain to the IP address on your hosting here. Please consult with your current registrar to make that update - and allow 24-48 hours for the DNS change to resolve globally. 

Upon validation of your account at GoDaddy, the customer support team here can also look up that old nameserver for you.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post