cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a domain from auctions, but failed to get it transfer-in

I got a mail from godaddy in my email

but it only supplied transaction id and a security code.

i didn't know where to input these transaction id and security code.
it said i have a wrong authorization code, i clicked the wrong message,
and it prompts to me to input an authorization code. so I input security code as authorization code. but it prompts the code is wrong.

so i clicked cancel. now the transfer is canceled!!!!!!(because every buttons except retry authorization and cancel is grey, and i don't have a author key, the only way i can choose is cancel)

what will happen now? will i get the refund? or my money lost forever?

the domain is expensive, cry

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I
Super User I

Re: I bought a domain from auctions, but failed to get it transfer-in

@happywares wrote:

I got a mail from godaddy in my email

but it only supplied transaction id and a security code.

i didn't know where to input these transaction id and security code.
it said i have a wrong authorization code, i clicked the wrong message,
and it prompts to me to input an authorization code. so I input security code as authorization code. but it prompts the code is wrong.

so i clicked cancel. now the transfer is canceled!!!!!!(because every buttons except retry authorization and cancel is grey, and i don't have a author key, the only way i can choose is cancel)

what will happen now? will i get the refund? or my money lost forever?

the domain is expensive, cry

@happywares Go into your auctions manager and under "won" there should be a "contact seller" link, email the seller and ask for the authorization code. You cannot start the transfer until you have that.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

thanks for your advise

but there is no seller contact link there

only the status shows "Funds received, authorization pending"

Domain NameSold AtAsking PriceSold DateStatus

xxx.xxxxxxx * (3 Offers)Paidxxxxx2018/06/14Funds received, authorization pending 
Super User I
Super User I

@happywares wrote:

thanks for your advise

but there is no seller contact link there

only the status shows "Funds received, authorization pending"

Domain Name Sold At Asking Price Sold Date Status

xxx.xx xxxxx * (3 Offers)Paid xxxxx 2018/06/14 Funds received, authorization pending  

@happywares Yes, the funds are still being authorized. You should receive an email from Godaddy after 6 days with further instructions and you'll have the ability to reach out to the seller.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Hello,

I have a similar problem, I haven´t received an authorization code. From godaddy auctions I can read "paid" and status "Yours On: 2018/07/02" but no way to contact the seller... 

Does it means that even if they have my money they are making wait two weeks? Is this correct?

Another email from godaddy again request me to act within 5 days of buying giving me only the transaction ID and security code...

What else I can do?

Hi @carrascoit.

Was yours an expired domain auction? If so, they automatically transfer to you on the listed date.

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status