cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Purchase a domain name transfer

Why am I asked to purchase a domain name transfer? I already got the domain to last for 3 years with wix, why does transfering to my godaddy account have to ost me money? Plus, why did they even shut down live chat! Some of us are not based in the UK or other countries where there a re toll free calls! Its so ammoying! I'd probably not renew my account here! Its so really annoying not being able to get help on the instant. :((

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: Purchase a domain name transfer

Hi @Ewu ,

Those are all good questions, let me see if I can respond in order. 

1) When we charge for a transfer it's because, under registry rules, they charge us when you transfer. In most cases we add time for you when the transfer is complete, but that is the "why". If you disagree with this policy, ICANN.ORG and the registries do hold periodic forums for public comment. Subscribe to their notifications and reply if you want to be heard on this subject.

2) We have various ways of being contacted 24/7, including chat from some locations (based on usage and demand, of course). We are always refining and improving. Refer to support.godaddy.com or https://godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx for the latest contact info.

3) You weren't specific as to where you are located. Regrettably, it does cost provider toll charges to call from some locations, but this is really a function of your local service providers. One thing that has helped me when being in those locations is a local calling card (usually using VOIP) that reduces costs to just a few cents.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New
Solution

Re: Purchase a domain name transfer

Thank you so much! It helped! I can be sure to go on from there!