cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

What happens to an email account for a domain transfer?

Hello, I did some searching but am still super confused. I had a domain on GoDaddy and a free email account for that domain. This past week I transferred my domain to Google. What happened to my email account? Does it also transfer? If so, how do I now access it? It is not showing up anywhere on my Google domains or anything. I was having that email forwarded to another address and that account is now saying it cannot fetch emails from my old GoDaddy email account because of an authentication error. Is my email account just deleted completely?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Email account domain transfer

@superrandy01 wrote:

Hello, I did some searching but am still super confused. I had a domain on GoDaddy and a free email account for that domain. This past week I transferred my domain to Google. What happened to my email account? Does it also transfer? If so, how do I now access it? It is not showing up anywhere on my Google domains or anything. I was having that email forwarded to another address and that account is now saying it cannot fetch emails from my old GoDaddy email account because of an authentication error. Is my email account just deleted completely?

@superrandy01 you'll more than likely have to setup the same email account at Google unless you're paying for a hosting account. The email account is attached to the domain at Godaddy and is canceled once the domain leaves Godaddy. Looks like these are the instructions on how to setup an email account: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6069226?hl=en&_ga=2.207285072.236150037.1535734550-2131793...

---

New

Re: Email account domain transfer

We had 100mb of email and a deluxe package, we rolled over to an Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel package and our email disappeared.  Why?