• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Appointments extra options

The basic appointments is nice but i need a few extra options.

How do I set it up so that my customers can add multiple people to their appointment when making a registration?

I also require a deposit how do I make so that my customers have the option to pay in full if they want? 

14 REPLIES 14
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Appointments extra options

@jparks54

In GoCentral you can setup different events/services for the number of folks that can sign-up by designating it as a Group Service Event and how many people.

This allows you to have the appropriate price based on number of potential attendants.  You can also use the Description field to note any special instructions to your customers that they need to know about, what the next steps will be or any information they need to provide to you.

As you follow the process flow of setting up your Services, the final step is to choose Payment options: Require Full Payment Up Front, Require Deposit Upfront, Don't Charge Up Front.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

@Muse thats how I have it set up now.

however Need one person to be able to sign up for 2 people or more if needed.

And i want to use require deposit but give them the option to pay in full if they would like to.

Super User I
    Solution

@jparks54

GoCentral is what it is -- all  you can do is try to manipulate the options you have to work for you.

For multiple sign ups have several "services" where the only difference is the number of folks one can sign up.  2, 3, 5 whatever.

As far as payments with GoCentral it is either or -- there are no dual options.

If you find GoCentral too constraining, consider looking at WordPress which offers all kinds of appointment plugins that give you the flexibility you desire. Smiley Wink

Judith

@Muse

Thank you that is what i needed to know.

What would it take to change from GoCentral to wordpress

Super User I

@jparks54

That really varies from site to site.  Being you are on GoCentral which is pretty basic and simple it shouldn't be that difficult.  It would be a matter of getting a Managed WordPress hosting account, choosing a theme (I have an article on what to look for and think about when choosing a WordPress theme that may help) and then moving your content over.   

After getting your WordPress hosting setup you would then just mirror your pages by copy and pasting the content from GoCentral into your WordPress pages.  Then, once your new WordPress site is ready to go, you would move your domain over to the new site and cancel GC.

Here are some of the appointment plugins to review to you can get an idea of what is possible.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith

To the OP, I too am having the same issue.  I'm liking the ease of navigating GoCentral with the exception that I too need for folks attending classes to have the ability to pay for themselves and other attendees.  A family of 4 should be able to register the family and pay for the party with one transaction.  I don't see how to navigate such a simple task.  Seems there should be a simple drop down window relaying the number of people in your party (and also relaying the number of class space/seats are left).  Select your number and then the form calculates your check out items.  I don't want to abandon GC for Wordpress if I'm happy with all the other options on my site.  Let's keep this thread open until we get the answer we need...please?

I am having an issue editing the appointment selections for website... I want to delete the time length of appointment as it is not relevant to me

Hi, having same issue. One other thing when I manually add a customer they aren't receiving conformation emails, am I missing something?

ta

@jparks54 wrote:

The basic appointments is nice but i need a few extra options.

How do I set it up so that my customers can add multiple people to their appointment when making a registration?

I also require a deposit how do I make so that my customers have the option to pay in full if they want? 

Employee
    Employee

@jparks54 thank you for using GoDaddy Online Appointment scheduling. It's in our plan to provide the options for your customers to register for multiple slots in one check out, will be coming in 2019. Regarding the option to let your customers to pay in full if they want, what's the percentage of your customers that would want to do that? Thank you for the suggestions and please keep the suggestions coming. 

Pianpian,

GoDaddy product manager

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager
    Employee
    Employee

@davidc4u thank you for using GoDaddy Online Appointment scheduling. It's in our plan to provide the options for your customers to register for multiple slots in one check out, will be coming in 2019. Thank you for the feedback and please keep the suggestions coming.

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

Employee
    Employee

@socialmediamarv Thank you for using GoDaddy Online Appointment scheduling and for your feedback. do you mind telling me about your business and service, and why the time length is irrelevant? 

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

Employee
    Employee

@Kennyb63 did you add a booking for the customer? Do you mind sharing link to your website, the customer's name, and date and time of the booking? We can look into that for you.

Thank you,

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

It's 2019, do we know when the option for multiple slots will be available? I really need this option or I will have to go with a different website host
    Employee
    Employee

@Hieglbug Thank you for using our product and the feedback. We understand that the option to book multiple slots will improve the user experience, and we are looking into ways to address this need. We don't have a specific timeline for this yet. Product updates will be posted in this blog: https://www.godaddy.com/garage/january-2019-whats-new-in-gocentral/

Thank you.