• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Building a website from scratch

Hello

I have been very slowly trying to build a website in which I can have users register, login and purchase a product. 

Sounds straightforward like that.

However I have no PHP experience and its taken me 6 months just to get an email form to work.

I know what I want just not really how to do it.

I would ideally like to have all the code and build it myself even with some help but I am starting to think may be I should go at it with a different approach.

Any ideas and suggests would be great. 

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Building a website from scratch

@Hutch91

Yeah, you are trying to reinvent the wheel -- and that can be frustrating.  Especially if you are not a coder.  I know enough to be really dangerous and there are times I feel like banging my head against the wall.  Smiley Wink

WordPress has a slew of free membership and eCommerce plugins to choose from. For forms, I use Ninja Forms.  By going this route, you can get your site up and running with the functionality you want, without having to *know* PHP. 

You install the plugins, config them the way you want and you're done.

That will free you up to go through the frustration (and fun) we all deal with when it comes to marketing and building exposure for our businesses!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown

Re: Building a website from scratch

The problem that no one will tell you is that there are an estimated 5 billion websites on the World Wide Web.  So, I hope you're not planning on earning money from your website.  Having a business website is a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing. I had a Word Press site, and it was very difficult to use, and it looked very dated, even though the company that did it for me was highly-regarded.