• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

DIGITAL PRODUCTION PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD OPTIONS?

My team and I have been scouring the web and forums for weeks now, and have yet to find a viable, customizable option for a customer to visit our website and purchase a digital e-book and download it upon purchase completion. 

Initially, the answers to this identical question on this forum say PayHip.com has solved it, but I can assure you it has not, at least to design capabilities that allow you to match the color scheme of your website, unless it's white.

We use PayPal Business for our merchant processor, and when I call them they say it is a GoDaddy issue, and when I speak to GoDaddy, they say it is a PalPal issue of integration. 

We do not want to switch to a GoDaddy WordPress platform and while we love GoDaddy Centrals design platform and its ease of use and additions of new features, the lack of this feature is LONG OVERDUE!

If you click on the link below to our site, all we want is the digital download option to look like the top PayPal button that sends a customer to the shopping cart, staying on our website the whole time during the transaction.

The bottom white box is the PayHip.com "custom designed" solution.  You can see it looks awful compared to the rest of the design of our site. 

We have a significant marketing campaign scheduled to kick off this coming week and need this resolved. GoDaddy Moderators if you are listening, please contact us if you can assist.

Somebody, anybody, please HELP

https://creditsecretsexposed.com/purchase-whitepaper

4 REPLIES 4

Re: DIGITAL PRODUCTION PURCHASE AND DOWNLOAD OPTIONS?

Hi @Garett69

This appears to be beyond our scope of support. It seems like this can be achieved using HTML coding but this is not something we are experienced in or support as community forum moderators. Maybe one of our community members can chime in and assist. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Employee
    Employee

@Garett69

I apologize, but we do not yet have explicit features to support paid digital download products. It's a topic that's very much on our radar, but we do not yet have a timeline for that feature; it will most likely be released in 2019. I'm very sorry I don't have a better answer for you- I really wish I did!

As @charminglygeeky says, the best we can do now is encourage you to explore this through the HTML feature and add a custom solution. I know that's not ideal. 

Thank you for understanding!
    Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

New

Hello Heidi,

First, I'm wondering if the digital products download feature has been added yet?

Secondly, I want to sell paid memberships, with members accessing password protected pages. My only question regarding that scenario is how do I turn off the shipping feature within my product listings (my products being several types of membership levels I'm offering). Right now the only choice I see is "Free Shipping" which looks ridiculous on my product pages, since nothing is being shipped. Is there any way to at least defeat the "Free Shipping" banner?

Thanks!

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi,

Thanks for you patience. We are weeks away from launching Digital dowloads feature to our online store offering. Please stay tuned.

@BizGuy, Could you please elaborate your situation with related to paid memberships?   Are you selling membership to any kind of service or it's subscription service for physical or digital products ?

Thanks,

Hope this helps,

Mohan Kumaresh, 

Product Manager, GoCentrl Online Stores