• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Embed Youtube Video Within the Blog

I'd like to embed a Youtube Video within my blog, so that it appears only when the user opens a specific topic. How can I do that?

8 REPLIES 8
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Embed Youtube Video Within the Blog

Hi @BassamSiraj,

Here's the instructions on how to add a video to your blog https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-link-to-video-24586. Take care and all the best!

Rachel

Hi

Thanks for this info, but this does not answer the question of how to embed a video into a blog post.   I have writtena blog post in Manage Blog.  By clicking on the white cross in the green bubble the only options are to add an image or a divider.  I can add a link, but I want embed a video.  There is no option in Manage blog to add a Section.

Any help you can give is much appreciated

Hi Rachel - the instructions are appreciated, but as Mark mentioned - this does not solve the problem of embedding a YouTube video within a GoDaddy native blog post.

There is another discussion about this same topic here and there was mention of new development to resolve this.

Thank you,

Tyler

So much for that "award winning customer service".... Still no response on this? Why add a half functioning blog section? Let's do it right, GoDaddy.

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hello,

Here's the response from a similar thread: https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Adding-video-articles-to-blog/m-p/121670 

"I still don't have a timeline for video embed in the blog but it's in the top 3 next features we're working on.  We're finishing up some work / testing on the social sharing right now.  Then the next 3 things (currently) are Commenting, Scheduling/Custom Publish Date and Video." 

Thanks,

ChristieS

I am also disappointed by the lack of this feature. Surely it doesn't take so much dev time to make this happen.

Blog posts are so basic without it.  

Thank you for your updates on the video feature. I was curious about that too and read through two forum and see that you are working on it. I notice that GoDaddy utilizes the rich text and HTML features in this forum. Would it be easier to adapt that into the blogs until you can add the video features? I don't mind my blog looking simple right now but it seems like everyone else is a tad agitated. 

would love to see this feature happen soon, please!