• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

GOCENTRAL - Editing text, buttons, and image descriptions

I AM A NEWBIE with GoCentral. Must switch from Website Builder as fees increase. Progressing with rebuilding existing website on GoCentral but found a few difficulties. Please help

• Text (font size) Have not learned how to  change text size in TITLE BLOCK
    • How do I change text color in both Title Block & Headline?
    • How do I change text size in Headline?
    • Is it possible to add an image to the description section?
    • Engage your visitors action button. I added a URL but it does not connect to the web site. What did I do wrong or misunderstand?

I certainly do appreciate the assistance from those who use GoCentral successfully. I am trying to get up to speed with it. Thank you.

johnnymargo
    4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: GOCENTRAL - Editing text, buttons, and image descriptions

For the font questions, these are based on the theme options.  The colors and sizes can't be changed individually, these are global settings.  All of the text will scale if you select Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large.  Complementary colors will automatically be selected based on the main color you choose.

I am not sure which description you're referring, I'm assuming SEO?  If so this is based on the coding standards the section should only contain plain text.  Let us know if you were talking about a different description.

If you're using a Website URL for the Action Button make sure to use the full URL including protocol (https:// or http://).

Helper I

Nate: You truly knowledgeable & I appreciate your response. I hope you can help again. First I thank you for your responses. I now learned some of the limitations of GoCentral. Yes, disappointed as with WebSite builder I could add icons, images or other to call attention to updates. Have not found this in GoCentral.

Yes, you correctly pointed out my difficulty with the URL insert. I do not know what I did wrong but any way now corrected.

OK for a new one.

• I cannot eliminate a tab or know how to designate a tab. SeeNote that 2 home tabs exist. How do I change this, eliminate or designate a tab?

Thank you & as I progress may I disturb you less. I also need to talk to GoDaddy as I have a business site on WebsiteBuilder & think it may not be possible to reconstruct adequately on GoCentral.

Appreciate your effort in my behalf.

Johnnymargo

johnnymargo
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @johnnymargo. It sounds like you created a duplicate of your home page. You can delete the duplicate by using the 3-dot menu to the right of the page name (see gif below). Keep in mind it's not possible to delete the actual home page and if you've made any changes to the duplicate, you'll want to recreate those on the real home page. 

Also, in regard to participating in the forums, it's better if you create a new topic each time you have a different question. Threads that have multiple issues discussed in them are hard to mark as "solved". Marking a thread as solved helps others find it easier and thus makes the conversation more valuable to the community. 

GC - delete page.gif

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper I

JesseW you truly practical & fully familiar with GoCentral. Excuse my delay with response. Was away for a few days & not able to access the website. Will act as you suggested as have additional questions. Now with your assistance my knowledge slightly increased & able to progress with reconstruction of web site.

Thank you much.

johnnymargo