• GoDaddy Community
  • GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to remove hidden background text

I am trying to remove background text from my website before publishing, but I can't see it on the Website Builder page. Is there a way to see the hidden layers so I can remove them? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: How to remove hidden background text

Hi, @JennieBH. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but it would be much easier for someone to offer a solution if they could see the problem first hand. Please consider providing a screen shot of the issue. Thanks!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Dear Jesse,

I tried to upload images when I created the original post, but couldn't. I have the images on a flash drive, but can't because the "Insert Image" prompt asks for a source instead of an upload. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I am finding it impossible to upload the pictures to my replies. I made a photo album, though: https://photoalbum.godaddy.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=4807304&mid=101932170&mt=Photo Does this work?

I have exact same issue!  And said e issue with adding a screen shot to the help msg!  The screen shot wants to take a pic of the page it's on, not the page I have the text showing up on!  My site is seashardsjewelry.com and the text that should not appear is on the front landing page at very top left side above the logo!  This text does not appear in the edit text section so I have no way to correct this problem!  When I sent for help about it screen shot wanted to photo the help msg not the page with error!  So can't send pic of the problem!  

Also I need to add a headline to all pages except the home page.  Sea tool claims I have to add headline and to try again later. How do I add headline to my pages so the seo tool will work?

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Hi, I am wondering if you are referring to the Header Title and Header Paragraph fields which are not displayed on the non-Home pages, however they seem to be editable on these pages. If this is what you are referring to, this is a bug that we are currently working on fixing.  It's not really hidden background text because the text isn't being displayed anywhere on these pages. We are working to remove these fields from the editor because they don't exist on the secondary pages. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

The GoCentral Team