• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Integrating Website builder with ASP pages

I love the speed in which I can build a site structure using Website Builder. However, I have a website that runs a lot of ASP pages on a database.  Is there a way to build my site in Website Builder and then just upload those pages to my existing hosting so I can continue to integrate and edit the pages on my own from there by logging in to my hosting like I would on my traditional website?

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Integrating Website builder with ASP pages

Hi @NASMDA. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, that wouldn't be possible with a Website Builder site. You wouldn't have access to upload the files to the hosting server with this type of account. The only type of account we have that would support ASP would be a Windows Plesk plan. You may consider installing WordPress on a Plesk account if you want to make use of a site building platform and existing ASP pages. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

I had read that Wordpress may not work well on a windows server. Do you recommend it? Can be be integrated with my ASP pages?
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@NASMDA - I've seen WordPress work on Windows but I've also seen it not work. Linux/Apache is usually a better platform. I'm sure there's a way to get ASP to work with a WordPress install, but it would probably be tricky. In the end, you may want to consider a different CMS. I just suggested WordPress because it is known to be an easy platform to work with. Another common program on Windows is DotNetNuke. You may consider that as well. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.