• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Live website not updating

I made an update to one of my pages, when I go to wpadmin for both staging and production the update is there, but when I go to my website the update is not there. I don't know what the issue is, previously since the change go daddy made the 'updates' to plugins and such was giving me grief - could it be related to this?

9 REPLIES 9
    Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Re: Live website not updating

Hi @Jade22,

Have you tried clearing the cache on both your site and in your browser?  This usually works.  Let me know if it doesn't!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Advocate I

Hi Jade

Like James said... the website does actually update but the old website is still in your browser's cache so it seems like it doesn't.

An easy way to quickly fix this should be by pressing Cntrl F5 whilst on the site.

Regards

Johann

New

I have the same issue, I update and it says it updates however no changes show in the browser. I cleared all browser cache and tried viewing from my deskyop, tablet, and phone, no changes show. I'm not sure how to clear cache on the server?

I'm getting the same issue.  I should see the changes as I ftp them.  I use to use Yahoo but tried here. 

Live website not updating

sir,

My two domains Adspal.co and Adspal.co.in are not live till today. How can I manage these two websites are live?

biswanathpal

This actually worked... Thank You!

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Hi @biswanath1,

Not sure what you mean by your question.  To access any of your services you should be able to go to your GoDaddy panel for your products.  It kind of sounds like you have a web site you are working on, but have not yet set your domain name to work with your hosting.  If you'll give me a bit more info, I'll certainly try to help!

James

Solution

Try installing a plugin called "Busted". Once installed and activated, if you don't see an update, open a new window, go to Plugins and located "Busted" then deactivate and reactivate. Then go back to your WP site and hold the Shift key and click the refresh at the same time (you may have to do this a few times).  Your updates should now be visible. Stupid, I know, but it works.

If this does not work, could be a Firewall caching issue IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP for Godaddy's Website Security Deluxe. In which case, under My Products --> Website Security and Backups --> Website Security Deluxe --> Manage) which should take you to: https://wafx.sucuri.net/

Top Left look for "Firewall".  Click on Firewall and then look below in white box you'll see 4 green text links, 3rd one down is "Clear Cache".  Click "Clear Cache" and then go back to your browser and refresh. You may need to wait a minute or two before refreshing.  You should now see your updates.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I

Hi @testdummy,

Overall a very good idea, particularly the use of Securi to clear firewall cache.  Good call!  However, I would not use the Busted plugin because it has not been updated in over 3 years.  Caching in WP has changed a bit since then.  It sounds like it could be useful in some cases (if updated), but clearing cache as you described is much, much preferred.

Hope this helps,

James