My domain displays this error message

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

Please advice

11 REPLIES 11
    RD3
    Former Employee

Re: Service Unavailable 503 Error

Hi @elshorbagy. Welcome to the Community!

503 Service Unavailable errors are most often caused by either your website having met its maximum concurrent connection limit or if your hosting account consumes all of its available resources. I suggest taking a look at the article here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/website-errors-503-service-temporarily-unavailable-5089 for some helpful tips to resolve.

RD3 - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

Hello

I'm having the same issue on managed WP hosting and chat is not available to call is expensive from Moldova need help.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @iTesla. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

For Managed WordPress, 503 errors are pretty rare. In my experience this is either due to your content making too many connections or there is a legitimate server issue. My suggestion would be to disable your plugins to see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you can enable them one at a time to see which ones cause the problem. If that doesn't fix the issue, I'd make sure to get in contact with support in some way so they can make sure nothing is wrong on our end. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team is available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (MST). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

How could I go about disabling plugins if I can't even get to my /wp-admin/ page because of this error?

Hey @jalade,

This may have already come up in a discussion under our Managing WordPress forum, but generally this requires accessing the /wp-content/plugins/ folder and locating the folder of the plugins you wish to disable and renaming them (usually something like "disabled_pluginname". We also have an article here that can help you with disabling all plugins at once. 

Hope that helps.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Email not working

PHP Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server. in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\ourbengalooru.com\customexhibits.in\contact-form-handler.php on line 68

Re: Email not working

Hi @manish1, Are you running Outlook? Frequently this has meant that the Authentication box is unchecked. Go to Tools / Account Settings / Highlight the email account / Change / More settings / Outgoing server -  Then  ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ Verify that  ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ is selected. Apply, exit, and try again.

Other email clients may have a similar option.

I hope it helps.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Service unavailable

I currently working on a site but most of the time this shows 
    ►"Service unavailable"  
    not 503 Service unavailable, not 503 Service unavailable blah blah blah. 
    ► just plain "Service unavailable" 
    this show even if i try to login in to mysite.com/cpanel
    or mysite.com/wp-admin

http://witavenue.com/

New

I am having the same issue! NOTHING seems to work except, when I clear my cookies I'm able to log back in. But after a time, 503 comes back. Please help! 

I have the same problem with the 503 error message.  I tried disabling the plugins through my SQL (since I can't even access the WordPress dashboard) and it made no difference.  Help!

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hello @beatlesgeek!

Thank you for posting. If you've tried all the suggestions in this thread and are still getting the error, you'll want to reach out to our support team to have them look into this with you. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator