• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Synching Google Calendar Time

I've tried all that I can...

I've checked time zones- not sure what else I can do...

The times on my Google Calendar are correct, time zone correct.

The time zone on my site is correct.

BUT the times display 6 hours later than they should on the site.

Any help?

64 REPLIES 64

Re: Synching Google Calendar Time

I am having the same issue and desperately trying to get a resolution. Any input on resolving this would be most helpful

After two hours with tech support I have an answer- and you’re not going to like it.

It’s a known bug with no eta for being fixed. She said really all I can do is start over with another build. Doing Wordpress.

Ouch! another whole site build or just calendar? Wordpress?

They refunded my go central purchase and gave me wordpress for even less money!!

Helper I

I believe I ran into the same problem. I posted here: My issue

I feel like I need to start over also, given the gravity of this bug and absolutely no commitment from godaddy that they are even taking it seriously. However, I have so much time invested so far.

I am going to move all my events by 5 hours so they will be displayed correctly...my own workaround, but godaddy refuses to let me know if this will even address the problem. Of course, this is extra painful because my customers will go through another roller coaster when the problem is fixed...

It is very frustrating that godaddy absolutely refuses to give us a timeframe to fix it. godaddy refuses to let us know when the fix hits the platform, so we get to find it randomly someday.

Problems happen, and real partners show their strength by how they react. Godaddy is NOT being a good partner by how they are reacting by telling me it will be fixed sometime between next week and 6 months or more, and not giving a workaround, and not allowing customers to escalate, etc. Godaddy is reacting very badly and losing my trust and confidence.

Very frustrated with Godaddy right now..

Phil

Helper I

i believe i am seeing the same issue, and also spent several hours with godaddy support. same answer.

that said, i have tested a workaround i developed. see post with title ‘Showstopper Bug In Go Central Calendar View Effects Platform - No Idea When Fix Is Coming’ for more details.

I am having the exact same issue. Even more frustrating is that the time zone shows up correctly in my preview screen and then when I publish it it gets all messed up. They definitely need to address this issue because it's not the first time they've had problems with the calendar function. Previously, whenever my Google events show up on the site, all of the hyperlinks are messed up and some of the events are duplicated even though that's not the way they are on the original calendar. So frustrating!

Helper I

Interesting. I believe our symptoms are slightly different. I am seeing the same view of 'UTC' hours in both preview and the final published site. Now that I time-shifted all the events to UTC time (subtracted 5 hours from start time), I am seeing still seeing consistency across preview and final published views. 

GoDaddy testing needs to improve to find such basic functionality issues.

+1 to 'so frustrating!'

GoDaddy, why are you so silent?

Employee
    Employee

Hi, I am a product manager for GoDaddy and I am reading all your comments right now. I sincerely apologize you are experiencing this problem, and I know how bad it is to have the wrong times on your calendar.  I promise you we will get to the bottom of it. Can you post a link to your site so we can check out the calendar timezone settings?

Thanks,

Rachel

Helper I

Rachel,

Thank you so much for getting involved on this issue!!!

Here is the public website calendar link:

https://lloydlandscaping.com/calendar

Here is the public address to the backing google calendar in ical format: 

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/llgcpublic%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

Public URL:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=llgcpublic%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FChicago

As you can see, the google calendar view and the go central view are different by 5 hours. Need them to be the same and then I can undo the workaround I put in to reduce all events by 5 hours.

Please contact me directly if you need further clarifications: godaddyreallydoesrockdespitethisissue@philruff.com

Thanks!

Phil

Employee
    Employee

Thanks, Phil.  This is helpful and we are troubleshooting as I type this.

I was running into the same issue.  I am a new customer on a trial.   Please let me know when it is fixed or it it can be as we need to decide what to do before the trial is up.

Cheryl McQ

I was on chat with customer support two hours the other day and it was taken to level two.

I was told It’s a known bug and there is no ETA for it to be fixed.

Agent told me that there was no other calendar that I could use to fix the issue.

Agent asked why I purchased GoCentral when WordPress is better, less expensive, and easier to use.

Agent refunded my GoCentral Purchase and facilitated an exchange for WordPress.

I of course lost all the work I did on my site and have to redo it all.

I started this but I can’t post my links because I was told by GoDaddy that the only way to fix it was to scrap my entire website and use a different build.

My website through Go Daddy has worked great until this morning.  I went to the Events tab and found that the times listed on the website does not match the data typed into my Gmail calendar.

www.artistrytheatre.org/events

You will be able to see where I manually typed the correct times under the event, but is certainly confusing for anyone visiting the site.

I can be reached at info@artistrytheatre.org.

Thank you.

I am not sure how old this conversation is but we are I am having the same issue. I went to add an event today and they are all wrong. Has this issues be resolved? Is there any way that I can fix this on my own? It took me a long time to figure out how to even get my calender to add to my site and now it all wrong. Very frustrating

I just posted this morning and have not heard from anyone being that it is Sunday.  I'm hoping to get an email tomorrow.  It's really aggravating!!!

Helper I

It is still a problem. The product manager is involved as you can see earlier in the thread. This gives me some confidence godaddy is prioritizing.

imho, Godaddy has a long to learn about engaging customers experiencing high severity bugs and platform issues.
    Helper I

a workaround that worked for me: change the google calendar time to match utc time. the difference is 5 hours for me in central daylight, so i backed the start by 5 hrs.
    New

Same problem here.  Adding time.  I've got a call in.  Sounds like I won't be getting help right away.

Helper I

HI Rachel B!

I am just checking in on the status of this. As you can see in this thread, many others are running into the same problem.

Thanks!

I got same response from tech support.

Hi Rachel,

Is this issue going to be escalated to get resolved?

I am having the same exact problem wit my site times are not matching my google calender. I need everything to be in eastern time and not 5-6 hours behind. how hard could this issue be to fix. I'm running a civics organization and need these times to be correct. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'm pulling my site and going somewhere else.

martinsferrycivics.info

Employee
    Employee

We just released a fix for the incorrect calendar times. Can you please re-publish your website to have the fix take effect?  I am standing by to hear from you if you are still having problems.

Thank you for your patience and for being a GoDaddy customer!

-Rachel

Helper I

i have refreshed a few times and i don’t see a change. i will check again in an hour.

thanks for jumping on this!!

phil
    Employee
    Employee

OK, let me see what's going on.

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hi, @Philruff you said you refreshed, but you need to republish. Login to your GoDaddy account, click to Edit your website, then in the top right corner is the Publish button. Click that. Then refresh your published page and see if the calendar is fixed. Let me know.

Fixed !! Thank you for the timely fix
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Thanks @pattersonn247 for letting me know.

New

This worked for us.  Thanks.

Artistry Theatre website is all fixed! Thank you!!!!
    Helper I

thank you for the clarification! i am at a conference today, so will wait to test the fix tonight. if it works, i can immediately back out the workaround before customers see it wrong again.

kudos to you and the engineering team on jumping on this and rolling the best possible way to implement the fix. your chosen method allows me to plan rolling out the fix and undoing the workaround on my schedule. this is hugely appreciated!!!

out of curiosity, has the test process been improved to make sure we don’t see this major flaw roll out again? Smiley Wink never assume...

thank you!!

Darn. Can I have my website back so I don’t have to remake it!?

I have the same problem....

This is very disappointing.

GoDaddy, will there be a refund?

Helper I

The problem on this thread is fixed, but you may need to republish your site for the fix to be effective on your site. I just published mine and it worked!

If it doesn’t work, you might be experiencing a different issue....

Employee
    Employee

Thank you, everyone, for your patience while we fixed this calendar bug. 

This problem should be fixed but please don't hesitate to call our 24/7 customer support if you continue to have problems with your calendar.  Our customer support can escalate urgent issues like this to our development team.

Thanks!

Rachel B.

Helper I

Just to confirm directly, I was able to publish the site tonight and the fix worked! Then, I backed out the workaround to change all the start times. All good.

Thanks!

Phil

It's not a TIME issue with my calendar.........my actual DATES are displaying incorrectly.  I have been on with Google support, cleared cache, tried 4 different browsers, removed, reinstalled and NOW I see that it is a GoCentral issue.  great.  We are 3 months into our GoCentral account and our calendar is an integral part of our site.  Worked WAY to hard to scrap this now.  

Edited:  Now that i am able to see WHEN this was "fixed" for the time, it unfortunately coincides with when my DATES went stupid.  Can we get that fixed quickly please.........

googlecalenderscreenshot.jpg

Hi @RachelB!

I started this thread and spent hours on line with support.

Support told me that there was no ETA for a fix, scrapped my site (with my approval) and switched me to WordPress.

Sad to see that once my post was seen by the right people it was resolved so quickly- while I still struggle to find time to rebuild my site.

Dan

Helper I

i agree with you dan, as support left me in the same state of zero confidence if or when this would ever get fixed.

i am hoping godaddy will use this episode to improve. they are still the best support. this particular issue goes deep beyond support and into engineering and product management process.

godaddy, i have run large support orgs for enterprise customers. i am open to consultation on this issue because i am usually very happy with godaddy and want to see improvement. i am currently a customer success leader, which also is relevant to this problem. again, just trying to help
    Helper I

Curious if republishing your site helped.....

I noticed that the date you are concerned about is an ‘all day event’, which per the issue we have seen potentially could result in publishing on the wrong day. A bit of speculation here on my part, but hopeful the fix works once you republish....

Wow, Philruff......... yes, that actually fixed the problem!  How utterly simple.  You are awesome!

Well, my Google calendar also shows all day events a full day early in the GoCentral calendar. I've read the "documentation" on this and if it's a known bug, there ought to be something helpful on the GoDaddy website. Of course there isn't because, in my experience, I've had nothing but bad experiences with GoDaddy. 

I'm pulling all my websites off GoDaddy. I'm done. I tried to chat someone to get help. No, I will not wait two hours to talk to someone. I was 35th in line! 

Yeah, this is ridiculous. After all, calendars aren't very important. I mean, who cares if your customers and clients miss events because your calendar doesn't work right?!

I've got the perfect solution- I'm going to scrap GoDaddy and go get a real hosting company instead!

Helper I

wow, this resonates with me, because i was also about this upset about a week ago, but now the problem is fixed.

did you republish your site? even if you don’t make changes, a republish should carry forward the godaddy fix.

unlike you, i have had nothing but positive experiences with godaddy for many years. i consider myself a complex user with high demands based on the fact i used to do all my own hosting in my home with dual internet connections...open bsd and then apple server, then moved it all to google apps and godaddy, with godaddy getting all my new business. also, i am a support leader. i have always found the support team to be knowledgeable, helpful, willing, and empowered to do whatever it takes to get a customer issue resolved.

this particular problem has exposed some deep anti-customer process issues within godaddy. i believe the product mgt team really helped here, but the communication is still far from what it could be to keep customers when an issue of this severity hits.

sorry to see ya leave. i will stick it out with my websites and hopefully godaddy is listening and is motivated to improve the value and experience.

end of my 2 cents.
    Employee
    Employee

@ebasnett I am so sorry that you lost faith in us. It might be too late but on Tuesday we fixed the bug you are describing where all day events are showing up as the day before. If you republish your site the problem will be fixed. I understand that you are frustrated and want to find another website provider. I assure you we care about our customers and take immediate action whenever we hear about a problem as critical as your event calendar. Unfortunately, in this scenario your issue did not get quickly escalated to our product team, and that is something we need to fix.  Please know that we care about you and care about your success.  We will do better. 

Thank you,

Rachel B.

As the guy who started this thread, I’m happy to see that so many people are finding help and getting their problems with Calendar Synch taken care of.

Unfortunately I was told that the ONLY way to fix this would be to scrap my sight and start over with Wordpress.

I would love to get my old site back and not pay the recovery fee that was mentioned.

Anything me interested in making this guy happy?

I’m having the same problem. In fact, it just happened last night again. I usually have to go into the site and resync the calendar. It will be good for a couple of weeks but then the dates and times will be wrong again and I have to go through the process again. It would be nice to just have a working calendar as my site relies heavily on it.