• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

Website Builder Text Colors

Do I understand correctly that website builder does not offer text color. For a change of text color one must use HTML code?

If correct this really a limitation.

I used text bullets & the text after the bullet was a different color. But no option offered. 

Really confused.  John-M

Thank you

johnnymargo
    31 REPLIES 31

Re: Website Builder Text Colors

Hi @johnnymargo, thanks for posting.

If you are using our newest version of Website Builder, Website Builder vNext or GoCentral, the text color is determined by the theme and cannot be changed individually.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Helper I

Thanks for the response. I found my answer on chat. Really illustrated my limited knowledge of Web Site Builder or perhaps somewhat due to being a newbie. I was referring to text color when adding a paragraph. I now know how to change text color using the text box. Now will test my ability to change the bullet color from orange to match text color. Bullet color orange inserted when requesting a bullet list. Also need to learn if bullet size can be adjusted.

Slowly learning & appreciated the help of experts like yourself.

Thanks  Johnny M.

johnnymargo

I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed with the GoCentral builder. The limitations are too numerous to post and this iteration of a build site sent creativity back at least one generation. Just a few items include but certainly not limited to:

1. The ability to change fonts and colors at will. I used to be able to change the font color for each letter.

2.  Add HTML to any page and anywhere on the page I wanted. ex. I could have a page counter on every page if wanted.

3.  Adding sub-pages

The list goes on and on. Upon trying to recreate my previous site created with WebSite builder and looking for fixes, I find 'Can't do that' on way too many forums.

One would think that a future generation of web site building would move the bar further. Not so with the latest GoCentral. I'm very disappointed in the backwards trend.

Helper I

I notice that you received no reply or even a remark that updates/improvements may be coming in the future.

johnnymargo

Thanks. IMO, many updates and improvements are needed. There are some good points such as the SEO ability. Not sure how much that will help but I'm sure it can't hurt.

I'll look forward to whatever GoDaddy's build team comes up with. They should take a clue from the WebSite  Builder and all that had to offer.

Thanks again.

Employee
    Employee

Hi, Thank you to everyone who took the time to post this feedback. We understand how busy you, are so any feedback you give us is much appreciated. As for your question about wanting more control over font color, I understand this feels limiting and we have heard this from other folks. We have plans to give customers more font customization soon.

Thank you, and please keep the feedback coming. 

Rachel

I'm with you, ChiTownArkie.  I just ordered GoCentral for the simple reason of cost savings.  It looks like I'll be cancelling GoCentral and sticking with Website Builder and paying more each year.  The restrictions of not being able to choose font or color for specific text boxes, and not even being able to add independent text boxes, is reason enough for me to stay put.  Choosing a site or page layouts that "closely fits" doesn't work as my website will no longer match my printed marketing material, including business cards and post-it notes....which I just re-ordered.  This is so disappointing.  I had free range with Website Builder and am feeling completely restricted and forced to create a site that is no longer mine.  *sigh*  This is truly a downgrade for me.  GoDaddy used to be the "easy" button.  Lately I feel you guys are focused more on money than your customers...sniff, sniff, sniffSmiley Sad

Helper I

Well said. Really a "bummer" that GoDaddy does not add color to Website Builder. I prepared my first HP using all HTML code & not that difficult. Certainly for the experts at GoDaddy this cannot be a huge difficulty. Believe you correct that management focus elsewhere & not on this issue.

johnnymargo

While you're trying to fix GoCentral, allow us to add html to any page. Right now, it's impossible to even add a site counter, let alone a virtual tour link. Web Builder has that ability. Why did it get deleted from this iteration? #nothappy

P.S. If GoDaddy is interested in great customer service,  I would send out a blast email to everyone that has subscribed to GoCentral for their input on how to make this platform better for those of us paying for it. And then, pay attention to the suggestions.

Hello,

I recently ran into the same lack of customization issues discussed in this thread.

I particular, it is very inconvenient:

(1) to not be able to change color of text where and how it is wished

(2) to not be able to add HTML code on all pages (including blog posts for instance)

Earlier in fall you said the team was working on fixing these issues; has there been any progress??

Thank you!
    Valeria

Helper I

Apparently GoDaddy ignored your request to update the efforts to be able to change text color. Shame on GoDaddy. This probably signals that nothing will change. Why not admit to the policy?

johnnymargo
    Employee
    Employee

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and frustrations. We definitely know customizing font color would be useful and we are planning a solution. I understand it's not happening as quickly as we would all like, but as a small team with a big product roadmap we have to prioritize some other features ahead of this. As we design our solutions for font color, I would love to get specific reasons you want to apply font color to your website. The more specific you can get the better so we can make sure we design the right solution. 

Thank you,

Rachel

Rachel,

Thanks for your response albeit months after it was first brought up. I don't understand why it would be important to describe why or how the feature would be used. For me, to highlight certain features; to make words and phrases stand out and at some point, as in the web builder version, I would like to add html for virtual tours and then highlight each letter a different color. There are many uses and needs for the ability to add color text. And speaking of virtual tours, when will we be able to add our html to our sites? Also, hit counters. The easiest thing to do is not reinvent the wheel. Take the web builder model and duplicate the features.

The GoCentral model is sorely lacking and wasn't very well thought out. I believe that it was just thrown up as an income generator for GoDaddy without any forethought as to the end user. Again, just duplicate the options in Web Builder.

Regards,

Gary

Employee
    Employee

Hi, I appreciate the specific use cases for font color as that helps us build the right solution. If you would like I can reach out to you via email when the feature is close and you can be one of the first customers to give us direct feedback? Please let me know.

Rachel 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hey all, thanks for your feedback! You may not be aware but the GoCentral team makes a ton of feature additions and updates every month. You can see all of the updates by going to https://www.godaddy.com/garage/whats-new-gocentral/. Would be good for you to bookmark the blog post and check in every month. Thanks!

Rachel

@RachelB Rachel,

My email is glh@voyager.net

Thanks,

Gary

ChiTownArkie

Employee
    Employee

Got it, I will reach out to you when we are ready. Thank you for your patience and willingness to give us helpful feedback.

Rachel

Not only not able to change font color, and they only have, about 15 font style to choose from? ex. a type of font style for the title name, and pages title too. I didn't think to ask, because, it should be already set up like that without asking? 

Rachel.

The OP dates to August of 2018.  It's now 7 months later and still no updates to adding color to fonts, changing font size, or adding additional fonts. Again, I'm awaiting the end of being a 2 year hostage to GoDaddy. Unless GD picks up the pace and does the basics as I've stated above, I'm off and done with GD. Whoever is the lead on this build should be changed to someone who knows what is needed. Why does GD have to rely on the buying public? And then, do nothing with the feedback.

Just as a reminder, here, in part, is your comment: "We have plans to give customers more font customization soon."

Just when is 'soon'?  I would believe that 'soon' would be sooner than 7 months and soon is still not here.

Employee
    Employee

Hi,

I want to assure you we are listening to our customers and we understand there is a critical need for customizing font size and font color. There was some foundational work that had to get completed first and now that it's completed we are working on font customization. If you want to share your email with me I can arrange to have you be a beta-tester when this feature is close.

Rachel

Not font size that option is there, the Community are talking about the text color and text style (besides that are there in regards font style)

Yes, please let me be a beta tester for font options. ron@roncreagr.com

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

OK, I have your email. 

Thank you,

Rachel

Helper I

Will it be a 7 month wait for testing? Hope not.
    johnnymargo

You should have my email also.

Gary

New

I am new to GoCentral and am interested in testing Font color and size changes.  jbarrett@centexpathalb.com.  I have used another builder that made this very simple.  My site is basically ready to publish but I am holding off for now.  I did not realize I could not add paragraphs and images at will.....

I would like to be on the beta list for changing colors.

Areas for color:

additional accent colors. being able to pick a MAIN color and the TWO accent colors would be a minimum. I had no idea that this wasn't possible until after spending alot of effort on designing the site.

being able to modify font color in a text box to make certain items stand out.

I too would like to register my disappointment at this glaring limitation. The use case? it's 2019 and people have the attention span of a flea. color helps direct attention. 

Employee
    Employee

Hi,

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us this feedback. We design our themes to have the ideal font size and proportion for the visitor experience, and we make sure font color looks good and provides contrast with the background for readability. However, we agree that being able to customize font size and font color is essential to make your text fit better in the space and to make it look better with your own color choices. We are working on this feature, but it’s taking longer than expected because we’ve had to make some pretty big changes. I know this is frustrating and that you have been patiently waiting.

One thing we added was a smaller improvement where you can change the font size for paragraph fields. If you click directly on the text where you see it on the page you will see the font size icon. You can make the block of text smaller or larger to fit better in the space.

I will update this board when I have more info on adding font size and font color to all text fields.

Rachel

@RachelB,

I notice you use the word "soon." On another GoDaddy forum about changing font colors, a GoDaddy tech expert answered—a mere month ago—that (paraphrasing) they were looking at fixing the issues, but rebuilding the platform would be quite extensive (read: it'll be a very long time before the Website Builder allows font color changes).

Would you please have someone answer with a REAL timeline? Thank you!

@RachelB,

Id like to beta test this font color solution. p94854@gmail.com.

After spending $2,500 on a domain with your company, Im a bit disappointed that I cant change font color. It's 2019..

Employee
    Employee

Thanks for all of the feedback! It's been helpful and we appreciate it. There's a lot of features and functionality we're working on to add to and update the product. As we will add more font colors, it's something we won't be getting to for awhile. When we do add more colors, one of our team members will come back and let you know.