Hi. I am hoping you can help me. I have a web application hosted at GoDaddy. The web application interacts/updates a Microsoft SQL server also hosted at GoDaddy. Every few hours of use a 500 Internal Server Error occurs. I have noticed that it only occurs when the application is interacting with the database. Do you have any idea what can cause this situation and/or ideas about how to trouble shoot this problem ? I have talked to GoDaddy and they were some help but I am still experiencing the issue.
Any information / thoughts would be VERY MUCH appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
it would be helpful to know what application you are running
if you notice any resource usage spikes in your cpanel admin
also what steps you have taken so far to resolve the issue
I had a similar issue with wordpress, my i/o and memory would max out and i would get this error.
- fixes might include: setting a memory limit in a config file in your application: such as memory_limit - 256m;
- restricting access to administration console/panel etc. by whitelisting your ip
- checking resource usage by plug-in/3rd party integrations
hope that may point you in the right direction, but more information would be needed to help you further.
Some time in the past month, I lost the ability to connect from my perl CGI script to my MSSQL database. The error I get is this:
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi: ODBC:CorrectDatabaseName','username','password');
Unable for connect to server [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application (SQL-IM014)
I found a number of links
that seem to imply that the Database or the Web Host (but not both) was updated, and the two can no longer talk to each other.