cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

508 Error - Resource Limit has been reached

I launched a new site for a client and on the first day the site was down and showing a 508 Error due to resource limit being reached. What can I do to prevent this from happening again!?

godaddy support said they updated settings so this "would never happen again" but they would not tell me what they did, so I'm lost as to understanding how this happened. 

We are using the Ultimate Linux plan. The site is on Wordpress, using Themeco pro. 

From the cpanel dashboard - it looks like the following was maxed out for a short period of time:

- Physical Memory Usage

- Input/Output usage

- Entry Processes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@thecreativetap 

Wow, it's hard to know without a forensic review of the website.  So many things can be resource hogs in WordPress.  Themes, images, plugins scripts -- custom code.

You can run a performance test at GTMetrix.com to see if that lends any clues.  Then address the noted issues.

Another thing could be that you are on shared hosting, which means that you are sharing resources.   Who knows what other sites (or how many) are on that box that could be impacting your site.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@thecreativetap 

Wow, it's hard to know without a forensic review of the website.  So many things can be resource hogs in WordPress.  Themes, images, plugins scripts -- custom code.

You can run a performance test at GTMetrix.com to see if that lends any clues.  Then address the noted issues.

Another thing could be that you are on shared hosting, which means that you are sharing resources.   Who knows what other sites (or how many) are on that box that could be impacting your site.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

View solution in original post