cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Business Hosting Upgrade

I would like to make people aware of what joke has just happened to me.

I had recieved an email from GoDaddy suggesting I upgrade to Business Hosting as my Deluxe hosting was running out of resource etc due to the sites and traffic, this was fair enough, so I took to the time to investigate if the proposed Business Plan would suit me.

Indeed the Business Plan seemed like a good idea, dedicated and with the bonus of having a standard SSL certificate.

So I upgrade, now I am being told that the SSL certificate is NOT part of the upgrade option!!! During the upgrade process in no way do Go Daddy display clearly that the package that you are purchasing is going to be missing services!!! How is this even allowed, and this is why its an absolutely joke!

Has anyone else experienced this? One of the reasons I upgraded was not just the performance and how my sites could scale, but was having the SSL.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Business Hosting Upgrade

Business Hosting does not include an SSL certificate, but new purchases get a free one year credit for SSL as well as Office email.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Business Hosting Upgrade

Hi @surbraceway. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! When you upgrade to Business Hosting, your primary domain should automatically be protected by an SSL Certificate. This is a certificate that we manage. It will not show up in your account. If that hasn't happened, then please connect with our hosting support team so they can investigate. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.