cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I recover a deleted folder in Windows hosting?

Everywhere I search I see posts about enabling history view to recover a deleted file but it seems to only apply to Linux hosting, and no such option exists in my file manager.  I have windows hosting and I just deleted a folder less than an hour ago and I am wondering if there is a way to recover it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @richro65.

That option is only available on our older Linux web hosting. It's not available on any Windows plans. If you do not have a copy of the files that you can upload again, I suggest reaching out to our support teams to see if any restore is available.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Ya they can provide you your deleted data. but they they try to make fool the customers and earn extra money.... same happen with me .. lost hosting just few hours ago.. they have all data but still asking for money instead helping

Hi @sudhirkmr143,

I'm sorry to hear you lost your site content. It's never our intent to fool our customers. Restore operations often come with a cost. This is why we recommend always maintaining a recent copy/backup of your website files. It's important to make your own backups of your website so that if the worst happens, you have very little business interruption. It sounds like you've spoken with our support team but if you haven't, please reach out to them when you can to have them go over your options.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support