cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Connection Lost problem?

I'm having serious problems with my Godaddy hosting.  My site keeps getting long timeouts where it is is unresponsive.  I can't even work on Wordpress without it hanging for several minutes at a time, it's impossible to update my site.  This has been ongoing for several days now. In my browser I get this a lot:

The connection has timed out

The server at kinkyrocket.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

There is no problem with my internet connection, I can view all other websites fine.

Can anyone advise?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: Connection Lost problem?

Hi @KRocket,

Check your memory and php resources.  While it looks like a timeout error, there may not be enough resources to physically handle the activities.  Also, if you haven't cleared cache on both ends, do so.  Most likely though it memory. 

Here are some instructions on how to edit the wp-config file to change the memory.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites