cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Enabling "Privacy" on certain folders and returning 500 error??

For some reason when I go into the domain management and add a folder as Private/Restricted and enter a User and PW, along with checking the box for the User, I get a 500 error when trying to access that folder. I initially get the prompt for user name and PW, but once that is entered it goes to a 500 and will not give me the option to re-enter the info. Help... Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi @Croga. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It's hard to say what's happening, especially without additional information. It sounds like you may be on one of our Windows Classic / Web Hosting plans. Most of the time, 500 errors (on Windows) are the result of misconfigured or corrupted web.config files. I'd recommend trying to temporarily disable yours by renaming it to see if that has an effect. If not, you may want to enable detailed errors so you can see what exactly is causing the error. If you are on a Windows Classic/Web hosting plan, these instructions touch on how to do that.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am on an Apache server. Thanks.