cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to change Website default page to a new page?

I'm trying to change my default page to a different (new) page. The methods described online don't work. Please tell me how to do this. thanks, CT

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Website default page

That's interesting, but doesn't actually explain how to make a particular page the default page.  C

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Traditionally the homepage would have a default filename, most commonly index.html for example.  Name the file you want to be homepage as one of these filenames, all the other pages should be named something else.

Thanks for the quick reply. So presumably I type index.html somewhere. But where? The name of the page is Back To Shore (the CD that is being promoted). It's going to look strange if the page is actually called index.html.

Super User III

The filename is different from the page title and headings. 

What are you using to build the website?  It sounds like you may be using some platform other than an HTML/plain-text editor.

Highlighted

I just log into GoDaddy using  the Edge browser. Nothing unusual. 

If the file name is what determines the default page, how do I change it? There's no obvious way on the GoDaddy site.

Super User III

I'm sorry your tags made me think you're using regular Web Hosting, but I'm noticing you asked another question concerning GoCentral.  In the future make sure the tags reflect the products you're using as this helps to get relevant answers.

GoCentral comes with a homepage to start, at this time there is no way to delete or swap out that homepage.  You would simply edit the content of the homepage to be what you want.

I'm pretty sure I'm using Web Hosting. On the My Products page I have Business Website Builder. I've never even heard of GoCentral! Is it possible that GoDaddy switched me over to a different product for some reason?

Super User III

Website Builder is not regular Web Hosting.  When you click Manage next to the product what does it say in the address bar before GoDaddy?

https://__________.godaddy.com

Super User III
Solution

Okay, I believe you have Website Builder version 7.

Click 'Edit Site' to go in the Page Designer.

Then across the top bar there should be a drop-down list of the Pages. 

Click the Home icon next to the page you'd like to be the Home Page.

You'll need to Publish for changes to be reflected on the live website.

Yes, that's it. Stupid of me! Thanks a lot for your help.  C

Super User III

Sounds good!  I understand it can be hard to find what you're looking for if you don't know the right words to use.  Just if you need help in the future make sure to identify you're using Website Builder version 7 as the steps would often be different than other products.

Welcome to the Community!!