cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to get PhP7?

I'm trying to update mediawiki, but the latest version calls for PHP 7. I'm not terribly familiar with my web hosting, I had a friend configure everything for me years ago and only now am having to figure it out on my own. From what I can tell, I can only use 5.6. What do I need to do to get 7?

I'm willing to upgrade my hosting plan if that's what's required. As best I can tell, my current plan is called "Deluxe Web Hosting Linux".

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to get PhP7?

@hunterjwizzard 

You're currently on GoDaddy's older servers. You will need to upgrade to a new cPanel Linux based account in order to get PHP 7.0+. The older servers aren't being upgraded past 5.6.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you @MrVapor that makes sense. Figured it'd be somewhere along those lines. I assume I need to talk to an account rep for that? I'll work on that.

Thanks!

Super User III
Super User III

@hunterjwizzard 

I would, indeed, call in. You should be able to get the rest of the time you have on your current subscription flipped over to the new hosting because it's a business need. If you use those words specifically, there shouldn't be an issue. 

Keep in mind you will have to migrate your site from one hosting to the other. You can save some money there if you're familiar with how to do that.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community