cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Joomla Administrator interface is very slow

I used the GoDaddy interface to install vanilla Joomla on my newly hosted site, and now I'm starting to build my website. The Administrator interface is consistently very slow (e.g. I click to create a new Article and it takes a minute to load the editor interface page).  It has been like this for about 4 days. I updated the name servers on my domain name provider a week ago.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
New
Solution

Re: Joomla Administrator interface is very slow

Initial response from GoDaddy Support was that my hosting was on Windows, and the recommended Linux as .php applications like Joomla tend to run better on Linux. I'm going to move my website over to Linux and see what happens.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back and posting about your experience! It'll be helpful for others in the Community to see this in the future if they have the same issue. Take care!

Rachel

I'm sorry, but blaming Windows is (for once) not a legitimate answer.  There are NO users on my GoDaddy hosted web site running Joomla and an Administrator page takes 3-4 MINUTES to load.  Public facing pages are 1-3 minutes per page.  This is intolerable!