cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVC Application Not Working After Hosting

Hi All,

I am facing different issue, when I hosted my MVC application in Godaddy hosting server its saying '403 Forbidden' (I dont have rights to open that page).

Step 1 : I tried to deploy MVC application from VS2013 to Godaddy via "WebDeploy" but its saying I am not authorize to connect the Remote Server. I contact Godaddy support team they tried and saying that from our side its done. I tried to deploy sample MVC applications also but same problem.

I took unlimited plan so that all the options must work. 

Step 2 : I tried the same application by published with FileSystem and host the files via FileZilla. But no use its showing "403 ForBidden error". The same while I hosted the sample MVC applications.

Step 3 : I tried in my server IIS its working fine.

Step4 : If Godaddy support says nothing from our side then what I have to do. Big question mark for me. If any problem with my MVC website then sample MVC applications need to work right.

Can any one help on this please. Other wise I need to move to another hosting company which supports my application, There is no option for me.

Thanks In Advance.

Bhanu Prakash

11 REPLIES 11
Employee
Employee

Re: MVC Application Not Working After Hosting

Hello @bhanuprakashi!

Welcome to the community. To help everyone better support you, can you provide some additional information? Which application you're trying to use, which type of hosting plan, etc. Thank you!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your reply,
1. Ultimate Windows Hosting with Plesk.
2. We are using .Net MVC application. Its working fine in our server after deploying the published code.
3. The same code when we deployed in Godaddy hosting using Filezilla then its saying below:
403 Error
Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.
Web Server at bldevtest.com
4. We contact godaddy support team few times but no solution for this. If its our application problem we need to get error here itself in our server.
Thanks
Bhanu Prakash

Thanks for following up @bhanuprakashi.

Plesk hosting does support MVC4 and 5. You might need to your CAS trust level to full, in your ASP.NET setting in Plesk. See this for details:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/do-your-hosting-accounts-support-mvc4-and-mvc5-applications-8999

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

I am experiencing the same problem now. What surprised me is, everything is working fine for more than 2 years now with my two websites developed using MVC Framework 4.5 until the last two weeks. Suddenly, my two websites stop working and just keep loading and opening at all.  Godaddy technical support and hosting agent was not able to fix the issues. They said the same thing that no problem on their side. The websites were working for more than 2 years and it stopped working only the last two weeks until now. There are no changes or updates on websites. Also to mention, I am talking about two websites that are not working and not just one. 

I checked all the possibilities in terms of hosting settings and aspnet configuration like CAS full trust level, framework version but still no progress. VERY DISAPPOINTING. I am planning not to renew all my products under my shared hosting and also the dedicated server I am managing for my company I am working right now.

New

Cryptographic Error on MVC5 Website

When publishing an MVC5 website i get the following error when trying to reset my password. "The data protection operation was unsuccessful. This may have been caused by not having the user profile loaded for the current thread's user context, which may be the case when the thread is impersonating."

To resolve this on my local windows server i simply went to the IIS settings and selected to load user profile = true. I cant do this on plesk.

Here is the full ELmah error message:

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicExceptionThe data protection operation was unsuccessful. This may have been caused by not having the user profile loaded for the current thread's user context, which may be the case when the thread is impersonating.

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The data protection operation was unsuccessful. This may have been caused by not having the user profile loaded for the current thread's user context, which may be the case when the thread is impersonating.
   at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Protect(Byte[] userData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.DpapiDataProtector.ProviderProtect(Byte[] userData)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.DataProtector.Protect(Byte[] userData)
   at Microsoft.Owin.Security.DataProtection.DpapiDataProtector.Protect(Byte[] userData)
   at Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Owin.DataProtectorTokenProvider`2.<GenerateAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.UserManager`2.<GenerateUserTokenAsync>d__fe.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at eQIP.Controllers.AccountController.<ForgotPassword>d__28.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.TaskAsyncActionDescriptor.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass37.<BeginInvokeAsynchronousActionMethod>b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
   at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

New

MVC Site doesnt work due to insufficient priviledge to bin folder

I'm trying to host a MVC 5 site and it throws the below exception. The csc.exe file in xxxxx\bin\roslyn\csc.exe doesnt have access to execute it. Tried to call the support team and i was on-hold for 1.5 hrs and couldnt get through. I hope i would atleast get a quick resolution through this else i'll be closing my account by Monday.

ERROR:

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator]

I have been looking for over an hour for where to set the CAS Trust Level and I cannot find it.  I just changed from a WebForms ASP.Net site to an MVC ASP.Net  (4.5) site, and it will not load.  I am getting the same 403 error others have mentioned.  How do I resolve this?

Re: Cryptographic Error on MVC5 Website

Hey @arteee

I'm not really an expert on MVC, but I did some checking and found theirs a few search engine results with other tutorials and discussion groups who've often resolved this specific issue with securityTokenHandlers by utilizing a web.config file. If you haven't tried this already, you might check on your own preferred search engine results. 

Just in case, you're welcome to checkout this one discussion I found on StackOverflow. Hopefully this helps.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Re: MVC Site doesnt work due to insufficient priviledge to bin folder

Riza wrote:

ERROR:

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator]

Hey @Riza,

That's a type of permissions error indicating an application you're trying to use is not allowed in our shared environment. Since we already provide a compiler, you won't be able to execute visual basic. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

error hosting an mvc 4 application

After hosting mvc 4 application, I see following error message when accessing website:

Parser Error Message: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "G:\PleskVhosts\--domainpath.com---\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /shared /keepalive:"10" /noconfig  /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\1d88b992\d2be505f\3jb53ar5.cmdline".

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %>

Appreciate your help in advance.

MVC application is not working after deployment

Only static html pages are working but path of MVC compatibility application does not work