cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Moving website

Hi All

Currently have a website with webcreation,

this is ending and I want to move it, they have given me the FTP connection details and a link to download MySQL database,

is this easy to transfer to go daddy and are they able to host this

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Moving website

Hey there!

As long as you have the FTP credentials and a way to download the database, you're gold as far as moving the site goes. 

There are various ways to move it. You can, of course, do it yourself. You can also pay GoDaddy to do it (call in for pricing.) Finally, you can hire a developer to move it for you. 

If it's a database driven CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc., there should be no issue hosting it on the vast majority of GoDaddy's hosting platforms.

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Moving website

You need to clarify your fees.  You cite $99.99.

Does that include everything in the root directory?  What if there are multiple sites tied to sub directories?  Is that an additional fee for each site?

What if there are multiple databases tied to one or more sites?  Is there a fee for each database?

I received a different answer practically every time I called.

That said, if there is ONE root directory, that should be ONE fee.

Secondly, if you're going to work with a client to delete old hosting after migration, VERIFY WITH THEM any associated database has also been moved.   You need to make it clear that a database is tied to ONLY the old hosting.  It does not automatically move with the new hosting with the same address.

Because of all this, my ten years as a customer is **bleep** close to coming to an end.