cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a point in the right direction regarding MySQL setup

I'm at a stand still here.

I'm trying to connect to MySQL and I don't have a sweet clue how to figure it out. I know HTML, CSS and a little bit of PHP. Completely green to MySQL.

For the last 24 hours I've been trying to connect to a localhost/root server after downloading and installing MySQL server and workbench. Tried everything and still wasn't able to connect. It has recently been brought to my attention that I probably can't do this, and that I need to connect/use everything on GoDaddy instead.

Which leads me to my next question - how do I connect to MySQL using GoDaddy?

I created a database user and created a database. Do I need an access host? I created one of those called "myaccesshostexample." There's an IP address showing here as well but I never created it, it just showed up? 

My connection is:

// connect
$con = mysqli_connect("myaccesshostexample", "myusername", "mypassword", "mydatabase");

I have a HTML form that is supposed to send data to my database. When I hit submit, I get the following error:

ERROR: Could not connect. Unknown MySQL server host 'myaccesshostexample' (0)

HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Employee
Employee

Re: Need a point in the right direction regarding MySQL setup

Hello @thefurmont!

Thank you for posting. We have this article on connecting to MySQL databases using PHP that I think will help you here. If you're still having trouble after that, reach out to our support team so they can go over this with you further. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support