cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems forwarding a site to another domain

So I have gone to the DNS management for my domain "emeraldisleseafoods.com" and set up the forwarding domain to my other domain "eisalaska.com". Now it seems that the preview for the forwarding domain works just fine,  however, when I attempt to go to the site "emeraldisleseafoods.com" via the address bar I get the attached picture error down below.

I thought that when you attempt to go to the site "emeraldisleseafoods.com" that it would then forward you to the other site "eisalaska.com", am I wrong?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help provided.

Error.JPG

The error message is as follows. (if the picture doesn't load) 

This site cannot be reached

emeraldisleseafoods.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Problems forwarding a site to another domain

@eisalaska wrote:

So I have gone to the DNS management for my domain "emeraldisleseafoods.com" and set up the forwarding domain to my other domain "eisalaska.com". Now it seems that the preview for the forwarding domain works just fine,  however, when I attempt to go to the site "emeraldisleseafoods.com" via the address bar I get the attached picture error down below.

I thought that when you attempt to go to the site "emeraldisleseafoods.com" that it would then forward you to the other site "eisalaska.com", am I wrong?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help provided.

Error.JPG

The error message is as follows. (if the picture doesn't load) 

This site cannot be reached

emeraldisleseafoods.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

@eisalaska  The forwarding worked for me. Please allow 24-48 hours for the forwarding to fully propagate throughout the internet.

---

Ok, do you mean that "emeraldisleseafoods.com" worked for you? Or do you mean the forwarding option? Still no luck for me so far. Can you tell me how to set up the DNS records for use in forwarding?

Looks like it's working pretty well now. It's still slow to load on my smartphone but eventually, it goes through. Anything I can do to help it speed up?