cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site can't be reached error HTTP 500

Hi, my website, currently hosted on GoDaddy can't be reached. It gives me this error when trying to access it: HTTP ERROR 500

Any ideas on how to fix this? How can I contact godaddy to resolve this? I really need my website to be up...

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Site can't be reached error HTTP 500

@matisvijs wrote:

Hi, my website, currently hosted on GoDaddy can't be reached. It gives me this error when trying to access it: HTTP ERROR 500

Any ideas on how to fix this? How can I contact godaddy to resolve this? I really need my website to be up...

Hi @matisvijs,

what is your domain name please?

"Please don't assume I work here, just because I have a broom in my hands……."

@Anonymous</a> biohackedentrepreneur.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@matisvijs wrote:

Sorry still getting the error, perhaps it would be best to reach out to support if the error persists. Often a 500 error will resolve itself, but it can be frustrating waiting. Support will be able to see the issue more clearly as they have access to your account.

"Please don't assume I work here just because I have a broom in my hands……."

@rammsteinium wrote:

@matisvijs wrote:

Sorry still getting the error, perhaps it would be best to reach out to support if the error persists. Often a 500 error will resolve itself, but it can be frustrating waiting. Support will be able to see the issue more clearly as they have access to your account.

@Anonymous</a> Thanks, is there an e-mail adress I can contact them through? I'm located in Eastern Europe so I don't want to make an international call really and that's the only support contact information I could find.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@matisvijs wrote:

@rammsteinium wrote:

@matisvijs wrote:

@Anonymous</a> Thanks, is there an e-mail adress I can contact them through? I'm located in Eastern Europe so I don't want to make an international call really and that's the only support contact information I could find.

Hi @matisvijs,

Do you see an option for live chat? If not then using a proxy server based in the USA would enable you to access chat. If you need instructions on using a proxy server:

https://www.wikihow.com/Surf-the-Web-Anonymously-with-Proxies

Other than live chat or telephone that's the only way to contact support except if you are a client of a Godaddy Pro and then they can submit a support ticket for you. My personal experience of this has been most excellent from the Godaddy side..... good response within a few hours.

3fk
Former Employee

Hello @matisvijs

500 only means there is something wrong and even the server doesnt know it but sometimes the error logs if it's a wordpress is preety impronto. 

Here's my recommendations:
1.Use Filezilla and connect via ftp or use file manager. locate somethign that says error logs.
2. Edit and view it your looking for something with a format  like :

[10-Nov-2017  UTC] PHP Fatal error:  "Identify the path"  since that is ussually the cause of it.

3. After identifying, locate it and disable it by renaming it like for example if it's a plugin:
wp-content/plugins/badplugin/  I will rename it to: wp-content/plugins/badplugin.bak

Then wait 5 minutes ,
refresh

Warm Regards,

Joven