cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to get website live

I've been having a lot of trouble getting deluxe hosting to work well with wordpress. I am trying to host a few (2-4) websites as subdomains of one hosting account, the problems come in when I get wordpress up and running on those subdomains, either the index page wont load (too many redirects) or all of the links will show the full subdomain address (I only want it to show the domain that is hosted as a subdomain).

For example:

If I'm hosting example.com as my main hosting domain.

Site1.com is hosted in example.com/site1 (a function of deluxe hosting).

If I change wordpress settings to Site1.com - going to Site1.com gives me a redirect error, but i can type in Site1.com/about and it, and other links work fine. 

If i change wordpress settings to example.com/site1 , going to Site1.com will load the index page just fine, but all links show example.com/site1/about which I'd prefer it not to show...

To make matters worse, the wordpress site I installed yesterday refuses to update. I can change themes, but adding pages give the "update failed" error. I'll be reinstalling today but i'm about to throw in the towel, any help would be greatly appreciated.