cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web contact form stopped working

I have a Contact page on my domain with a form that I wrote myself in Perl. It has worked for years but stopped last week. I have put triggers (print to screen) at different points to confirm that it is successfully passing through the Main Logic section, Input section, Field Test section, Sendmail section using $mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail -t', and the final Thank You section. This script has worked for years. Now I can only receive mail through web access if people already know my address. What happened? Is your mail server queue stuck? Did you change your spam tolerances? Do I need to change my mail header? Thanks for any help. -Ron

7 REPLIES 7
Helper V

You should configure Spam Assassin and cross-check it.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Thanks to Jason in Support for his assistance. My site was hacked through a rewrite in the root htaccess file to other php files which are not mine, and the relay server marked me as a bad website. I'll be changing passwords more often and using Captcha on all forms.

So what was the solve?

I have this exact thing happen to me.

I went and deleted the htaccess files + the strange PHP files on my root.

My form still doesn't send.

If the site got flagged, then how to get it unflagged so the form can work again?

Solve: seems that a call to Support is necessary to have the web email server unflagged (could've just posted that above in the first place to be clear lol)

New

Hi

I am getting below message while sending a mail to my domain through php file.

I am getting Email has been sent!! but i am not getting any mail.

Please help me to fix.

SMTP -> FROM SERVER:220-a2plcpnl0783.prod.iad2.secureserver.net ESMTP Exim 4.87 #1 Sun, 08 Jan 2017 08:56:53 -0700 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
SMTP -> FROM SERVER: 250-a2plcpnl0783.prod.iad2.secureserver.net Hello a2plcpnl0783.prod.iad2.secureserver.net [107.180.108.9] 250-SIZE 52428800 250-8BITMIME 250-PIPELINING 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250-STARTTLS 250 HELP
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 OK
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 Accepted
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 OK id=1cQFq2-000rdv-2M
Email has been sent!!

New

I can't receive emails on my admin account from my websites's contact us page. Can anyone help me in?

New

I have this script that I have been using and on this site I have noticed most of my emails don't come through. Especially sent from phones. Could someone look at this script and see if there could be a change I could do to make it work?

Thanks

<?php

if(isset($_POST['email'])) {

// EDIT THE 2 LINES BELOW AS REQUIRED

$email_to = "sales@MY.us";

$email_subject = "MY Sales";

function died($error) {

// your error code can go here

echo "We are very sorry, but there were error(s) found with the form you submitted. ";

echo "These errors appear below.<br /><br />";

echo $error."<br /><br />";

echo "Please go back and fix these errors.<br /><br />";

die();

}

// validation expected data exists

if(!isset($_POST['first_name']) ||

!isset($_POST['last_name']) ||

!isset($_POST['email']) ||

!isset($_POST['telephone']) ||

!isset($_POST['comments'])) {

died('We are sorry, but there appears to be a problem with the form you submitted.');      

}

$first_name = $_POST['first_name']; // required

$last_name = $_POST['last_name']; // required

$email_from = $_POST['email']; // required

$telephone = $_POST['telephone']; // not required

$comments = $_POST['comments']; // required

$error_message = "";

$email_exp = '/^[A-Za-z0-9._%-]+@[A-Za-z0-9.-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2,4}$/';

if(!preg_match($email_exp,$email_from)) {

$error_message .= 'The Email Address you entered does not appear to be valid.<br />';

}

$string_exp = "/^[A-Za-z .'-]+$/";

if(!preg_match($string_exp,$first_name)) {

$error_message .= 'The First Name you entered does not appear to be valid.<br />';

}

if(!preg_match($string_exp,$last_name)) {

$error_message .= 'The Last Name you entered does not appear to be valid.<br />';

}

if(strlen($comments) < 2) {

$error_message .= 'The Comments you entered do not appear to be valid.<br />';

}

if(strlen($error_message) > 0) {

died($error_message);

}

$email_message = "Form details below.\n\n";

function clean_string($string) {

$bad = array("content-type","bcc:","to:","cc:","href");

return str_replace($bad,"",$string);

}

$email_message .= "First Name: ".clean_string($first_name)."\n";

$email_message .= "Last Name: ".clean_string($last_name)."\n";

$email_message .= "Email: ".clean_string($email_from)."\n";

$email_message .= "Telephone: ".clean_string($telephone)."\n";

$email_message .= "Comments: ".clean_string($comments)."\n";

// create email headers

$headers = 'From: '.$email_from."\r\n".

'Reply-To: '.$email_from."\r\n" .

'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

@mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers); 

?>

<!-- include your own success html here -->

Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you very soon.

<?php

}

?>

As of recently (just over one week), there are missing emails form my Drupal webforms. I have 13 individual webforms across 3 sub-domains, with some failing to send all email. There is no rhyme or reason behind it, it's just random ones that get dropped, and never go through. When I identify these missing submissions, I open them and try to send again (and again, and again..) but they never come through. What's going on with this?? I tried calling last week and was told my site was compromised, but that has been identified and cleaned up, yet the problem persists. I need this permanently fixed ASAP. Somebody please email me back.

Kevin