cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

booking system internal server errors

Hi

I have been running a booking system on a word press site for many months without any issues, today I am getting lots of reports of failed bookings and internal server error screens while trying to make bookings. We have made no changes or updates and the plugin ( appointment booking calendar ) has worked faultlessly until now. Is godaddy hosting / servers experiencing any errors atm or can anyone suggest what I can to to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: booking system internal server errors

Hello!

I would recommend taking a look at setting up wordpress debug to disable the generic 500 internal server error you are getting. Here is a link on the documentation on that but in short you can simply access the filemanager of your hosting account and open the file wp-config.php which is your wordpress configuration file. There will be a value similar to this within the file

(define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', false );)

which has a value false but you can change it to true and that will enable on screen errors.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Or you can add this line to get a log file to be generated. (dont leave this enabled. the log could grow large and cause problems.)

Note that this allows you to write to /wp-content/debug.log using PHP's built in error_log() function

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Once you have an error you will have the information you need to further investigate a solution.

Mike L. | WebPro

Re: booking system internal server errors

ty i will do that and repost