cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPPORT FOR THE DEAF CHAT NEVER ONLINE

Bought a new domain yesterday but the system changed one letter of the name on the domain, yet used the correct one for the folder. So, I put files in the folder but the website doesn't show because the domain was inputted wrong. I wrote it once so there's no possibility of it being my end.

Can't get support. With chat never available, I went on Twitter and explained. They said if I want a refund I have 120 hours. I don't want a refund, I want the domain I paid for!

Can I please have a response from someone who can correct this?

15 REPLIES 15
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: SUPPORT FOR THE DEAF CHAT NEVER ONLINE

Hello @Chauthor

Unfortunately, due to the confidential information that are necessary, your problem is not something that can be solved here (on the forum).

Someone will have to access your account in order to investigate what's wrong, but no one from the forum can do that. You should contact (by phone or chat) a customer support representative in order to investigate the problem from your account.

Live chat team is on Mon-Fri at 5AM - 6PM Arizona time UTC-7 and phone support is on 24/7 here https://uk.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Good luck,
Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thanks for at least giving me hours, they should post it on the website. I tried this morning and this evening and it's offline.

At this moment it is 12:18 in Arizona on a Tuesday. It should be online, but it's not. This is discrimination against the deaf. I can't use a phone.

I'm not going to mark this solved because it's opening hours and chat is offline and this issue isn't getting solved. I can't contact anyone except on Twitter where all they can do is tell a deaf person to phone support. And to register my domain name, which I did yesterday but they changed it, yet got the folder right. How can something this stupid happen? I'm losing confidence by the second.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It's actually very hard for the system to get a letter wrong, as it presents it to you before you go ahead.

It's possible I suppose though, gremlins in the system.

But if the domain is lets say redhouses.com and you wanted redblouses.com, well the reason a fair refund was offered is that those two domains are different separate domains. There is no easier way to change one letter than for you to choose redblouses.com and start again. That's why a fair refund was offered. If you go back and pick your domain again, the  chances are...it's still waiting for you.

Then of course, you could just stick with redhouses.com instead, maybe not!

You are always welcome here @Chauthor and any time of night or day. Most queries get answered within a day tops. I know that another deaf lady was making enquiries and I think there is support for you. Please, please put some tags in your message that relate to the issues you are having. It will help you get a speedier response.

Take care.

Hi, I'm seeing chat come on every while. Keep an eye on it. Good luck.

"Chat agents are currently unavailable, please call (480) 505-8877 for immediate support!"

That's what I get when I click on chat, in the middle of the day on a weekday their time.

Maybe they can't access the account from here, but the message can get to whoever is supposed to be on chat to put down the coffee and be on chat. This is appalling.

So I have to manually ask for a refund and register again? Is the refund instant? I have to ask for someone else's card again to do this. It's for a business so changing the name is not an option.

Also I can see confusion on my hosting. The folder, with the correct name, is there. Maybe that would just slot in. I'm pretty frustrated right now.

I see the chat button come on too. When I click it I get the message I quoted above.

No refund button of course, so I have to get someone on chat to do anything at all.

Oh that's nice, click on live chat button, nothing happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chauthor,

You made me laugh with that remark "No refund button though!" I like that hahahahaha,

at least you still have your sense of humour. Wouldn't we all love a refund button, lol. Aww @Chauthor,

made me chuckle Smiley Happy

Finally, I seem to be in a queue. Never mind that it's not working hours for me.

Hey @Chauthor,

Sorry to hear you were having trouble getting through to our chat team. Hopefully you got through to an agent who could help out in this situation. 

Some of the errors you're describing getting through sounds like you may have been trying chat while we had a larger than normal volume in queue. When that happens during their regular available hours, just try again within a few moments till a spot opens up. The other issue could be browser related. Try clearing cache or accessing the chat from another internet browser if the button to start a session is not loading for you. 

Also, I just want to point out that we do have other customers with disabilities similar to yours who utilize a service to help call on your behalf. I don't know the specific organizations they use, but you should be able to find these services through your preferred search engine results if needed. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you, I finally just finished chat with a very nice agent and the website was online by the time we finished.

It might be worth leaving this thread for other people who have this issue with getting through.

Also for customer service managers who might find it useful to know where things get frustrating.

Several times the button looked live and when I clicked, it gave me the offline message. This is obviously frustrating. However, eventually it put me in a queue, 25 people ahead of me. For others trying to get through, this supports the high volume theory but don't panic, those numbers moved in groups which suggests several agents are helping at once.

Once you get there, the support people are lovely and very patient.

Hey @Chauthor,

Glad to hear it got worked out! Again, my apologies for the trouble getting through. 

We'll definitely keep this thread open, but I have moved it over to our suggestions board as improving Chat functionality and availability is definitely something our developers are continually working on. This discussion should serve as good feedback on that endeavor. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

One thing I would say to developers is that a message indicating lines are busy rather then off line would save loads of frustration. Also posting the hours.