• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

CDN error

Hello. I just enabled the new CDN feature and I am getting this error:

Warning: preg_replace(): Empty regular expression in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/54/42446654/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/class-cdn.php on line 131

It's the underlined one:

public function replace_base_url( $url ) {

if ( ! self::is_enabled() ) {

return $url;

}
    $url = preg_replace( $this->pattern, "{$this->base_url}/$1", $url, -1, $count );

$time = Plugin::last_cache_flush_date(); return ( $count && $time ) ? add_query_arg( 'time', $time, $url ) : $url; } }

My site has a SSL certificate from Go Daddy also, and I tried with another site (without SSL) hosted in the same Wordpress plan with the same template and I got no this issue.

It could be SSL the issue? Please help! Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
    Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Re: CDN error

Hi @vicetias 

Thank you for reporting this.  It turns out this is a rare edge case when plugins perform certain actions in a certain order.  We've created a patch to address this that'll go out in the next update.

Until then, I recommend disabling CDN so you don't have to figure out which plugin is conflicting.  Sorry about the headaches, I know this must have been frustrating, but thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays
    Head of WordPress, GoDaddy
    Highlighted

No problem @Gabe. I hope it gets resolved very soon. Do you know when the plugin will be updated? Will I get notified?

CDN really improves website speed and I loved when I saw that new feature in the settings, so I can't wait for use it!

Product Team
    Product Team

@vicetias I'd guess next week or the week after.  It's a bit slower than normal since we're rolling out the WordPress 5.2 update.  The architecture improvements we're rolling out will make these updates much faster in the future.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays

@Gabe Issue still there after Wordpress update (5.2.1). So disappointed! Smiley Sad

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @vicetias  I totally understand the frustration, but the nature of this work is dynamic.  The team has to respond to the highest priority/impact work and this is a relatively minor edge case impacting a very small number of sites with a simple workaround.

I'm sorry, I know it's an annoying problem, but I hope you can understand that there's a lot of work to do, new things come up and we try to make the biggest impact for the largest number of customers.

I probably shouldn't have guessed at a rollout date, but I was trying to be helpful--sorry about that, can't always predict the future, but I can assure you that it will get addressed.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabriel A. Mays

Where I turn off CDN i turn it on today and now the images off my website don’t load.

I also have a plugin error when CDN is on.  I have a text link in my footer that was coded as and successfully pointed to: http://spookybeavers.net/xmlsitemap.xml .  Now it points to: http://secureservercdn.net/166.62.109.21/1m9.808.myftpupload.com/xmlsitemap.xml and the screen is blank. 

So I will turn off CDN and see what happens.  I will report back here if this does not fix the issue.

Me too- images, javascript files, and css files not loading correctly when CDN is on.