• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Cant make my domain to be on my wordpress site

So i bought Deluxed Managed WordPress Website and started my WordPress Website,after 2-3 weeks i made my WordPress Website like i want it to look,and now i want to put my domain on the Site,but it doesnt allow me.When i go to Manage Domains,here stay that my domain is up and running but when i try to open the domain its says 

This site can’t be reached

censored's server DNS address could not be found.

• Search Google for [censored]
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

And when i go to WordPress settings it says that the Page is stagging,when i click to remove it from stagging it says that its sucessfully removed but its not..When i go to WordPress.com it still says that i'm in stagging mode..How to put my domain on the WordPress site is my question?! I bought only the Deluxed Managed WordPress Website,do i need to buy the domain too?
    13 REPLIES 13
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: Cant make my domain to be on my wordpress site

@adn let me get this straight.

You bought deluxe managed wordpress website, and used a temporary domain name in order to make your site, right?

But now, you want to use the domain name that they offer you for free when you contract the wordpress hosting?

Why do you mention wordpress.com? Are you using a site in wordpress.com and want to migrate it to godaddy?

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy
    New

So let me try to explain:
    I wanted to open my website,to create and customize it with WordPress (becouse its easier).So i bought the Deluxe Managed WordPress Website from GoDaddy (also when i was buying the Deluxe Managed WordPress Website it asked me for a domain name,so i wrote the name i wanted to have).After i bought it,there were steps that i needed to finish,so i can set up my site (inc. WordPress account,theme and something like that) and start to customize it with WordPress.After 2-3 weeks of customizating and making my website,i finished it and made it how i wanted it to look.So now i want my website to open using the domain i wrote when i bought the Deluxe Managed WordPress Website,and not from the link i have when i customize my WordPress website.The link i got to open the site is something like with numbers and latters.So how to make,so people can open my website that i made using the domain name i want! If you dont understand me,i can provide images !
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn I think you have a misconception of what the WP hosting actually is. You don't need a WordPress.com account in order to use the WP hosting plan you contracted. However, since you have a WordPress.com account you can import your site to your hosting account.

Do you mind sharing the links? I mean, a link to your WordPress.com site and a link to yourdomain.com

EDIT: Oh, I asume you have been accessing your site via a temporary domain name, and now you just want to have yourdomain.com in order to visit your site. Well, you can assign the domain name in your account panel to point to your WP install

EDIT2: Yes, please. Include images if you can Smiley Happy

New

Question 1: What the WP hosting actually is?

Yes,i think i'm using some temporary domain,and i want to have my domain now..So everyone can open the site from that domain,and not from this **bleep**ty one..The temporary domain is going something like this [random numbers and latters].myftpupload.com..

And i dont even know if i have a Cpanel,i dont know how to open my hosting..I can only see this shown on the picture below..I'm editting my site and doing everything from WordPress.

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn Please, click in Settings (see, you have My account / WordPress / Settings / Staging), then click in options(Server options) and then in Change Domain.

If you don't see yourdomain.com, click in Add domain and check Make this the primary domain, and finally click Add.

Let me know if it helps!

EDIT: I misunderstood you, that's why I said I thought you had a misconception of what WP hosting is. I thought you created a WordPress.com account (blog), and then bought the WP Hosting, and tried to mix your GoDaddy WP Hosting with your WP.com site.

New

I did that already 100 of times,but it still doesnt work.When i go there,i get this.Under the domain i want to make primary i get that DNS error massage.

EDIT: Also when i go to Settings in WordPress it says Note: This is your staging site and the domain cannot be changed.

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn have you tried click in that blue bar that says: "It's time! .... Use a purchased domain"?

Do you mind posting your DNS settings for your domain?

New

When i click in that blue bar that says: "It's time!....use a purchased domain" , it doesnt show my domain..

Here are my DNS settings:

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn can you please confirm me that the IP address that you see here:

Matches the one that is in your A record from your DNS:

New

It does match! Its the same IP

EDIT: Maybe i need to remove stagging?

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn yes, try to remove staging and see if it solves it.

I also sent you a PM for your convenience.

Hope it helps!

New

When i click on Remove Stagging,it only loads and loads

Helper VI
    Helper VI

@adn I answered back your PM, but it's ok if you don't feel comfortable with it.

And if you try to access to your site via the myftpupload.com does it redirects you to yourdomain.com or can you access the site?