• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

I have this weird 503 error issue

I get this quite often. When I try to view my managed wordpress website, i frequently get the Error 503 message.

But when I switch my IP to one based overseas, I can access my website just fine.

Why is this happening? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: I have this weird 503 error issue

Hi @NonTechGuy. That sounds like a strange issue. A 503 error usually indicates overutilization of some resource. If this changes based on the IP you're connecting from, perhaps you have some kind of security plugin that is reacting to the IP or maybe it's related to the ISP you're connecting through. I've never seen this issue change based on the connecting IP, so it's hard to say what's going on. You can always reach out to our hosting support team to double check things on our end. Hope you're able to figure this out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

Hi @JesseW, thanks I will!
    The full error message is actually:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

The 503 error can only be seen in the tab header on Google Chrome, not in the actual error message.

I have the same problem with the 503 error- I can access the admin from phones running ATT and Verizon. The people at Godaddy and others can access it from their devices BUT I can not access it from my computer WIFI running comcast. Can't figure out the issue.